The International Football Federations Thread

hugobomb

I'm actually surprised there hasn't been someone who has attempted to assassinate Sepp Blatter, to be morbidly honest.

I don't think it would solve much, nor do I advocate for someone being murdered, but it's just something surprising to me that no one's tried it.

I'm hopeful UEFA does pull out of FIFA if they don't make the report available.

Pulling out isnt effective

How many kids have you got?

Unless talk of UEFA taking action comes out of the mouth of Platini himself then it's meaningless, as I believe this is.

Although if Platini said it, I'd assume it was part of some self-serving political machinations anyway.

• Admin

The English Football Association has been urged to lobby Uefa for a European boycott of the next World Cup - unless Fifa implements meaningful reform. Former FA chairman David Bernstein said it was time for drastic action against football's world governing body. In an exclusive interview, the 71-year-old also said Fifa is a "totalitarian" set-up that reminds him of "the old Soviet empire" and is "beyond ridicule"; the credibility of football is "suffering enormously" under the current Fifa regime; and choosing Qatar to host the 2022 World Cup was "one of the most ludicrous decisions in the history of sport".

Of course, there is absolutely fuck all chance of this happening, but yeah.

FIFA have lodged a criminal complaint in the Swiss courts as a result of the report into the 2018 and 2022 bidding process.

Well, they wouldn't lodge a complaint if it was to do with Russia or Qatar as that would bring their winning bids into question and because it's FIFA, you absolutely know this complaint is going to be in regards to something that has gone on with the English bids.