The Shows Mostly Formerly Affiliated with NBC's Thursday Night Comedy Block Thread **SPOILERS**

GoGo Yubari

It'll likely be within the next week and a half, possibly before next Friay. My list is pretty much set in stone, the only thing that can really change there is the positions of #14 and #15.

I'm super-excited to see how it plays out this year. It's my favorite list to run!

I thought The Office was actually the funniest (not strongest) show of the night. I actually laughed quite a few times and Andy was great the entire episode. The way he interacts with Robert has become a highlight for the show, and, though, he can never replace Michael (at least not in the sense of show feeling and stance as the true lead,) I feel like the chemistry between Ed Helms and James Spader excels to the degree where The Office can still keep afloat. I also really loved the closing line for some reason. "I'm gonna make you the buffest dude Val Kilmer has ever seen!" just killed me.

The strongest episode of the night goes to Parks and Rec. Though, I didn't laugh out loud as much as I did for The Office, it was still very humorous, and plotwise, it's going into real interesting territory. Something had to give when Ben and Leslie decided to throw caution to the wind. They knew that. And I'm glad there was direct ramifications from one episode to the other because that's how it HAS to be. I get the feeling there's gonna be a loophole somewhere, and Ben is gonna be called back to work for the Pawnee government under a different branch, but I hope not. I don't know what course I'd like to see them take, but I'd like them to try something original instead of something that so many shows would go ahead and do. I have faith they could do it.

And, finally, we come to Community and it was alright. The Shirley-Jeff story was pretty good, especially because the show needs to make sure Jeff is shown to have reasons for why he's so flawed instead of becoming a truly evil public enemy number 1. (But ESPECIALLY Bart.)It seems this season has been tailored towards making him the "villain" in a sense, but they need to keep below the Pierce season 2 level bad, and they're doing that pretty well. The other story was, basically, implemented to be the funnier of the two, and it was. Troy is the best character on the show when it comes to delivering comedic lines and he was great in the episode. I'm not sure I like the rest of the cast not really being a part of the episode, but after such a stellar episode 2 weeks ago, it's fine that we get a bit of a cool down. But, that's it. I'm a giant supporter of Community, and where people have said this has been a weak season, I've negated them. Community has churned out 9 episodes this season, and quite a few of them were top notch and memorable. This episode was the last episode they need to be just alright before going on break in a few weeks because the audience needs to be there. I know the writers know that, and I have faith they'll be able to pull off some really great shit in the weeks to come.

I thought Community was alright. The anime scene was far too random for me (and Im saying this about Community). Usually if there is something like that there is a reason (the claymation Christmas episode for one), but it seemed to just be a, "hey, wouldnt it be random to just throw in an anime scene for less than a minute" thing. It's nice to get some backstory on why Jeff turned out the way he did and why Shirley is so overly nice most of the time, but I didnt really care for it overall.

The Abed/Troy/Annie stuff I thought was better of the two storylines. There needs to be more scenes of the three because I think they work really well together. The cop asking Annie if he taught her a lesson about fake guns was a nice mention, too.

Edited by Vitamin E

And the near-total absence of Britta and Pierce and Pelton and Chang was just odd. Did I miss an Abed/pregnancy-type background story?

The less Chang on my screen, the better. But I definitely miss the Dean, although we did just get the gift of a Dean-centric episode.

Dunno if this was posted, but I just discovered this..

Holy shit that preview looks amazing. Seriously, I hope Community does make it to four seasons - it's my favourite show on air at the moment (I'd say by a long shot, but Walking Dead has been stellar.) Are NBC only interested in people that watch the show live?

Edit: Watching the outtakes of this show just makes me want to stay on air more. In each outtake I watch, each actor comes across so genuine and they look like they're having the best time while they work.

Joel McHale did some sort of MCing gig at a college recently, put on by some school organization. Whilst with the organizers, he asked how many of them watched Community. They all raised their hands. He then asked how many watch it on Thursdays at 8pm. None raised their hands. I do (and I have the best means of supporting the show too), but I think I'm in the minority.

It's really unfortunate. I can only hope that most people who don't watch it on TV and have Hulu watch it on Hulu, because watching it via torrent or Megavideo does fuck-all for the show. Not that I can blame anyone in the UK or wherever.

Hahaha, nice. I actually had my little sister go in and turn the TV on during the season premiere because I was working as an extra that night but still wanted to support the show. And then I watched it on Hulu the next day! Double-support.

Is there a way that shows can start becoming more dominant as online shows rather than just on TV? It's clear that Community has this massive fan base but due to it's time placement on TV is not being 'watched' according to NBC. If they were to have some sort of online presence or keep up with Hulu figures, shouldn't that be able to be factored into whether a show should be cancelled or not?