The Shows Mostly Formerly Affiliated with NBC's Thursday Night Comedy Block Thread **SPOILERS**

GoGo Yubari

Sadly, Whitney is also back but you can't win 'em all. Community, Parks, and to a lesser extent Up All Night all coming back makes me happy, and a full season order for Parks is fucking delightful.

I'm curious as to why Parks & Rec got a full order and Community got the 13 episode order. I'm not entirely up on their ratings but I thought they were pretty comparable.

Not that I'm complaining, just curious why one got the full and the other didn't.

My guess is Amy Poehler's Emmy nominations and the fact that NBC adores her, secured the full season order.

Up All Night was a freshman comedy that started strong and stumbled a bit with the winter break and timeslot change, but it has potential and an awesome cast, I think it deserves another shot. Also, Lorne Michaels.

No idea what to tell you on Whitney though. It got better as the season went on, but its ratings were worse than Community's (but only a little bit) and its finale easily would've served as a series finale for the twelve people that actually liked it.

But hey, Community's coming back, that's all I care about.

Yeah, Up All Night's second half of the season wasn't nearly as good as the first half, which is troubling. I'm hoping for more Jason Lee and less Steven Pasquale.

FINALLY got to watch Parks and Rec, as that was the only thing still keeping me from coming in here.

That was a magnificent season finale. I was fully prepared for her to lose, so the win was so goddamn surprising and satisfying. That's as close to a perfect episode they'll ever do.

Community was tons of fun, giving a new purpose to revisiting the fake clip show format. Pretty amped to see the giant-ass finale next week.

30 Rock was good, not great. It was solid comedy, but the two big events of the show came off pretty ordinary. This wasn't the finale though, right? I think that's next week, along with Community.

I'm actually surprised to see that a couple of people liked that Office finale as much as they did. It definitely had some funny bits (anything with the penis coconut energy drink, Gabe's sad birthday, the revelation of Robert's real name, and his incredibly uncomfortable description of how he'll be spending the next few years), but after last week's tremendous set-up I feel they didn't deliver in as satisfying manner as they should have. I've been more patient with this season than most people have, and it was largely due to the methodical focus on Andy finding his groove as manager/returning to Erin and the mere presence of James Spader as Robert California. Turns out we're losing James Spader (which we knew, but I was expecting a more dramatic exit) and Andy's final return to power was anti-climactic. Unlike GoGo, I'm still plan on following the show next season, but I can't I'm satisfied with the way things stand.

All that said, I'm happy to bask in the glory of a tremendous season finale (and overall season) of Parks and Rec, while looking forward to a heaping helping of Community's season finale (with a dash of 30 Rock.)

With all the news that's been coming out about NBC's comedy future, I'm expecting that within 2 seasons I will have zero interest in network sitcoms in general. With that in mind, I'm going to savor next week and next season as much I possibly can.

30 Rock was good, not great. It was solid comedy, but the two big events of the show came off pretty ordinary. This wasn't the finale though, right? I think that's next week, along with Community.

Is it really almost over? There's been, what, like ten episodes so far this season?

Is it really almost over? There's been, what, like ten episodes so far this season?

There's actually been twenty. At least a couple of those have been instances where they've aired two episodes in a single night, though.

NBC's released it's Fall schedule and Community has been moved to Fridays, pairing with Whitney.

Story Here

It's pretty dumb considering they could've easily just put it on one of the Wednesday slots to see if it could have success in a different, not near death timeslot and then if it didn't work, then make the move and insert one of it's new comedies.

NBC just gets stupider and stupider. Putting comedies (and a lot of dramas for that matter) on Friday or Saturday night is typically the kiss of death in television (excluding ABC's somewhat successful TGIF lineup in the past). Yea they won't have to compete with Big Bang Theory, but then Community did better in the 8pm Thursday slot than 30 Rock did, though both are great shows. They don't want Community to succeed but its got enough of a following they can't get rid of it yet, so they'll do whatever they can to make it as difficult as possible :angry:

I love Community and will still vilify NBC for doing this, but the audience simply isn't there. The show was on the bubble to start with this season, and the ratings were actually stronger pre-hiatus than they are now. 3 seasons is a grace period lots of low-rated shows don't get. They can close it out in 4 and go out on a high note, because they definitely aren't getting out of the Friday night ghetto barring the failure of every single new pilot.

Office is officially renewed and I genuinely have no idea what the show will be, which I guess lumps me right in with the creative staff.

• Like 5

I can see Community not suffering that much of a ratings dropoff with the move, the audience is small but dedicated. If they can maintain their current ratings, it is possible for them to eke out a continued existence on Friday nights. When they moved Chuck to Fridays for it's final season they announced it would be the final season. They announced 30 Rock is done after next year. It doesn't look great, but Community might not be finished yet.