The Shows Mostly Formerly Affiliated with NBC's Thursday Night Comedy Block Thread **SPOILERS**

GoGo Yubari

Agreed. It's deeply frustrating that EVERY OTHER good NBC Thursday show is there but Community isn't. I have most of season three on DVR but not all of it, and I don't have season two on DVD as of yet (got season one at a Best Buy sale).

EDIT: In the interest of continuing to be the dividing line between the people who disliked it and the people who liked it, my two favorite jokes from the premiere;

1. Abed's treatment of Pierce in his inner mind theatre. It's very telling that he's first another guy entirely in the sitcom and then a character incapable of speech in Greendale Babies.

2. American Sword Cooks

Yeah. I think Harmon's gone on record as saying he thinks Chevy was the right decision in the end. Of course, Pierce would have developed into a decidedly different character with Willard playing him anyway.

Also, just watched The Office. The Andy plot was good, but Brian the Sound Guy is wearing on my last nerve.

I was talking about this with someone on reddit - 02x01 and 03x01 weren't really strong episodes either, in my opinion but they served the purpose of basically stating "Some changes happened over the summer, and here's where we are going with this season" I think this one was just a bit more stuffed full of happenings because there was a lot of pressure on the new show runners to convince the audience that nothing was going to change.

Yeah, the writer guy had it right in that interview, they should have stuck to like, two different stories, rather than five. The Abed's Happy place stuff seemed a bit too glossed over for my liking. Last time this happened it was a full on mental breakdown and was treated as something serious, where as here it was just kind of like "Oh Abed, you so crazy."

Yeah, but everyone was caught up in their own shit this time, which makes a sort of sense for the episode being about Abed's reluctance to accept change and having to solve the problem himself. Once people (other than Pierce) actually realized what was going on they were appropriately concerned.

Yes! Feel that the second episode of Community was sooooooo much better. Line of the night was definitely "Ghosts can't go through doors, stupid. It's not fire." I was mouthing the line as he said it :P

Parks and Rec hit another home run. Damn good episode, Ron Swanson is definitely my favorite character on TV right now.

I liked last week's Community but it did feel like a different show. I'm not sure if it was because I expected it to be or if it actually was but it did feel different. Tonight, however, felt like it was the same show it was before Harmon left so I'm curious if it's just a case of the writers (since most of them are new to the show anyways) trying to get into a groove with the characters.

Parks & Rec was brilliant though and Ron Swanson is definitely the best character on TV.

"Any dog under 50 lbs. is a cat, and cats are pointless." :wub:

Yeah, I knew Ganz wrote tonight's. I guess I didn't realize that Bobrow had been around for awhile, though. That said, I still think something was slightly off last week that seemed to have been corrected this week. I imagine it's not the end of any growing pains though too.

Speaking of Ganz, I'm happy she was able to find more (and probably more secure) work but Modern Family? Meh.