The Shows Mostly Formerly Affiliated with NBC's Thursday Night Comedy Block Thread **SPOILERS**

GoGo Yubari

This is weird - because I loved both Community episodes, but I felt last weeks was more in line with the standard way an episode goes. Then again, this was a Halloween episode so it was bound to be different here and there due to the fact that they are always outlandish when it comes to Community.

And hey, hey, hey - there's nothing wrong with Modern Family.. for the most part.

Okay, I tolerate the show mostly to get to whatever Phil and Mitchell are doing to make the episode funny and I can't stand the heavy handed morals and Gloria.. but still!

How can you mention Gloria as a pain when Cameron's around? Gloria's delight in comparison, and especially when they're not put together in a storyline.

Oh, I just started rewatching Season 2 of Parks and Rec, and seeing again how April and Andy start to like each other may be my favorite "How Couples Come Together" on any show, ever.

Edited by Extremely Huge Bag of Shit

Parks & Rec had soooooooo many amazing lines of the night. Mostly from Ron hosting Joan Callamezzo's show.

"Anything under 50 pounds is a cat, and cats are pointless."
"I can speak in full sentences and I won't cry."
‎"Don't trust big banks or small banks. Banks are Ponzi Schemes run by morons."

Councilman Jamm had some good ones too:
"Let the record show there was a standing ovation."

No talk about how dreadful the Office was last night? That was maybe the worst episode since Michael Scott left and at this point, the sooner Andy gets fired the better. It's gotten to the point where him simply being on the show is a huge detriment to everything.

And they also wasted one of the most intriguing remaining story lines of who is the Scranton strangler with....nothing.

About the only funny thing was Gabe's return.

Bob Odenkirk doing his best Michael Scott impression was amazing and really inspired casting. Given that Bryan Cranston has already directed an episode this season, I would really like to see him do a guest spot. But I agree with the Andy stuff. That character has just become such a drag, the show was so much better without in the lead. I do like that they gave a reason reason as to why David Wallace didn't fire Andy on the spot. The Jim & Pam stuff continues to be heart-wrenching, but very real stuff. I just want this extended fight they are having to end, but at least it seems that Brian and his boom mic are gone. It was a nice little easter egg in the post-credits scene that apparently we will see some form of the documentary that this crew has been shooting for 10 years.

I have never seen "Modern Family" but there is no way it can be better or funnier than "Parks & Rec," it's just impossible. It is time for this show to sweep the Emmys. Ron Swanson as a public access TV talk show host was incredible. Amy Poehler is the best lead actress in comedic TV. On any other show, Chris Pratt would be the funniest supporting character but on this show he has to contend with Nick Offerman, Rob Lowe, Aziz Ansari, Aubrey Plaza, etc. It is far past time that this show gets some love.

Edited by TheSqauredCircleMessiah

It was a nice little easter egg in the post-credits scene that apparently we will see some form of the documentary that this crew has been shooting for 10 years.

Well, that certainly went over your head. It's an easter egg which shows that we HAVE been watching what they've been filming this entire time.

And good lord is it ever tanking. What a terrible episode. The only highlights were Bob Odenkirk and Gabe. Everything else was just.. ugh. Just a few more episodes and we'll be done and I am gonna be so glad when that stake finally plunges.

Wow, I really liked this week's community. I think it shows that the big problem with the first episode was that it tried to cram too many things into one episode. Here, the paced felt slower and more natural, even with half the cast running around screaming. It followed the show's formula of "take this group, put them in a really weird situation, but in the end have their relationships be the real star" quite well.

Wow, I really liked this week's community. I think it shows that the big problem with the first episode was that it tried to cram too many things into one episode. Here, the paced felt slower and more natural, even with half the cast running around screaming. It followed the show's formula of "take this group, put them in a really weird situation, but in the end have their relationships be the real star" quite well.

Also, yes. Agreed. And Parks and Rec was marvelous too.

Bob Odenkirk doing his best Michael Scott impression was amazing and really inspired casting. Given that Bryan Cranston has already directed an episode this season, I would really like to see him do a guest spot. But I agree with the Andy stuff. That character has just become such a drag, the show was so much better without in the lead. I do like that they gave a reason reason as to why David Wallace didn't fire Andy on the spot. The Jim & Pam stuff continues to be heart-wrenching, but very real stuff. I just want this extended fight they are having to end, but at least it seems that Brian and his boom mic are gone. It was a nice little easter egg in the post-credits scene that apparently we will see some form of the documentary that this crew has been shooting for 10 years.

I have never seen "Modern Family" but there is no way it can be better or funnier than "Parks & Rec," it's just impossible. It is time for this show to sweep the Emmys. Ron Swanson as a public access TV talk show host was incredible. Amy Poehler is the best lead actress in comedic TV. On any other show, Chris Pratt would be the funniest supporting character but on this show he has to contend with Nick Offerman, Rob Lowe, Aziz Ansari, Aubrey Plaza, etc. It is far past time that this show gets some love.

It's why I'm so goddamn excited that he has the lead role in Guardians of the Galaxy.

Oh God, Season 2 of Parks and Recs is just so amazing. I'm so happy I decided to rewatch it. The Kaboom episode as well as the Greg Pokaidis were absolutely phenomenal. I'm actually sad they haven't brought Pokaidis back.

What are you talking about? No one was comparing Modern Family to Parks and Rec. Like, at all. I was talking about Happy Endings.

Not much of a news thing considering it's up to season 5 and most people in this thread will be caught up but:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a460351/parks-and-recreation-gets-bbc-four-start-date.html

So BBC4 are gonna start airing Parks and Rec, and that's cool mostly cause it means DVD release should hopefully follow.

Finally watched all 3 last night.

Community relieved most of my fears. I was especially glad to see Giancarlo Esposito pop back up. LD's right that it was more successful than the previous week by paring things down and letting the relationships be the star, under the guise of a gimmick.

Parks and Rec was outstanding - which has become the norm. Ron's public access appearance was easily the funniest thing all night. Seeing the Commons likely win out and Ben and Leslie decide to marry on the spot were both very emotionally satisfying.

The Office was hot and cold. Obviously, all the Andy stuff brought the cold. The Dwight/Angela stuff was sort of cold too. I just don't care much about them getting back together. Bob Odenkirk was fucking awesome though. Toby stepping up and impressing Nellie was kinda cool. The Jim and Pam thing is obviously not gonna resolve fully until the finale. The sooner we can stop treating Andy as a villain we should care about for some reason (or, unfortunately, just lose the character) and push the Dwight/Angela thing further into the background, the sooner I can get behind a big finish for this show.

Oh, and enough with the discussing non-NBC Thursday shows in here. Bleh.