The Shows Mostly Formerly Affiliated with NBC's Thursday Night Comedy Block Thread **SPOILERS**

GoGo Yubari

I'm sold on the new show runners. That was indeed the best episode of the season, and - most importantly - it showed they could handle a "low-concept" episode, maintain the voice of the series, and entertain, all at the same time. They've got me for the season, and here's hoping the series lives as long as it wants to. (Though I'm sure this season will be the end anyway.)

• Like 1

Great episode of Community again. First episode made me think this season will be a disaster without Dan Harmon, but every episode after has been significantly better. This week's and halloween episode are my favourites so far. The show does feel somewhat different but i think it's just as good and yes, Britta was/is wonderful.

Partner & Houlihan was my favorite part of Community. Especially the grin Troy gives every time he disagrees with Annie.

Though, truth be told, nothing was really firing on all cylinders tonight. I'd pick Parks as my best show of the night, just for the interactions between Ann and April.

I also watched The Office! It was unspectacular too! But Matt L. Jones was in it! So that's cool, I guess.

I actually disliked the Troy/Annie stuff from a story standpoint. It served no purpose to the actual plot, other than for the laughs (which there were) but it just bugged me that they found this big cover-up or whatnot, and then it was just dismissed so Jeff could have his speech.

Also, the end tag was way too direct for my liking.

I laughed a fair amount of times at Community tonight. The New Radicals payoff to the song licensing thing was great, and I liked Partner and Houlihan, particularly since why wouldn't what they found be discarded? It was a dead end for Jeff's theory.

The girlfriend and I totally thought Marc Jablon was Steve Carell.. only strengthened by Jacobs being in that new Carell movie that's coming out today. Oh well.

I was half-asleep for a lot of that last night, but I dug it. This season is pulling a lot of extreme emotions out of me.. the German episode made me hate the group, the Thanksgiving episode had the Jeff moment with his father and this one had me being frustrated that no one was listening to Jeff. The thing at the end with Chang was pretty heavy handed.. but we all knew it was going that way and it was softened for me somewhat by the "Why'd I do that?" part.

I thought Community was great tonight. Honestly, I feel that the show is at it's best when it's done in Greendale. The only thing I disliked about this episode is that there wasn't any interaction at all with the minor characters, besides Garrett. It would have been ten times funnier to see Chang high fiving Vickie instead of some random students. Troy was on fire, tonight, though, but Pierce was really stinking the place up at times.

Parks and Rec had another amazing episode. Only thing that grated on me was Monalisa. God, I love Jean Ralph, but that's probably because he's grown on me tremendously throughout the seasons and what he did with Entertainment 720 and with Roy Hibbert and everything was amazing. His sister, though, I really couldn't care about and so I just hate. She might grow on me though. Highlight for this episode was definitely "Time After Time" and Jerry's blabbering. Amazing.

Yeah, I enjoyed both last night. Community's improved a lot in the last two weeks and has been really fun. Last week's was very touching and this week had me laughing quite often. I'm glad they're going that way with Chang cos I honestly didn't care at all for the Kevin stuff at all.

I'm a broken record with Parks. Another cracking episode.

Community continued to be fun. The end tag may have felt obvious, but I thought it was necessary. Plus, it's cool that they're apparently continuing the hinted City College thing from last season's finale. And yeah, the crane shot/New Radicals thing was a fun payoff.

Parks and Rec was predictably fantastic. Casting Jason Schwartzman and Jenny Slate were both great choices. I also like that Ron's views on government haven't been forgotten. And yes, the Time After Time bit was just fucking golden.

The Office had a trademark mediocre night. I laughed a few times, but as a whole it was a lot of effort and nothing to show for it. I wonder how confused casual viewers will be after seeing that and it not going anywhere.

It's fun to think that Community's played-for-laughs New Radicals moment and The Office's played-for-sentiment Decemberists moment happened on the same night, at opposite ends of the block.

Rainn Wilson posted the sign-in sheet from the first day of casting The Office.

Some very recognizable names on that sheet. Makes you wonder what if.

Adam Scott would have been a very, very good Jim. And Alan Tudyk would have been a good Michael too.