The Shows Mostly Formerly Affiliated with NBC's Thursday Night Comedy Block Thread **SPOILERS**

GoGo Yubari

God, Idris Elba, that's right. Having watched The Wire long after that, the significance of that casting is only now hitting me.

Same thing happened with me and just realizing what brilliant casting it was. And with Amy Ryan as Holly Flax. There needs to be some Office/Wire mash-up where stuff happens like McNulty and Bunk end up selling paper and Jim and Dwight are murder police

That was... an amazingly effective episode of community.

At first I was kind of disappointed that the original main German wasn't around anymore, but the replacement wasn't bad and at the exact moment that I realized that I was despising the way that the study group was acting - was around the time of the protest that revealed that everyone else in the show felt the same way about it and then the revelation that the study group wanted their 'homeland' back and I thought it all came together nicely. Glad that Chang's back in the show too, interested to see where they go with this.

Effective? Maybe. Funny? Not really. I don't think I laughed out loud once. When a Pierce line is my favorite bit (he's my least favorite character), something is up. The pacing seemed off again, few of the jokes were funny, and the payoff (of the episode) was pretty terrible ("oh, we cleaned everything so now people like us again, yay!").

This has to be the "worst episode ever" that writer was talking about, right? Please let that be the one he thought was terrible.

No, that was last week.

EDIT: I wrote a post of why I liked this episode except for the bad end, the poor Winger speeches, and the cartoony electrocution gag. EWB ate it. I will just say that "there are nearly 100 luftballons!" and "they lost a pen" were fantastic lines.

I've decided that the whole episode is a reference to Die Hard 3 and that I won't get it (though I saw the My Dinner With Abed episode before seeing the movie and really liked it anyway), while feeling comforted by the fact that it was supposed to be the second episode of the season which explains why the pacing felt rushed just like the first episode.

yes...I liked the Oktoberfest gag, as well as the "There are nearly 100 luft balloons!" line

• Like 1

It fired on other cylinders for me as well - the Dean and Chang especially.

"No, he's always Dean that.."

"He's faking his own Changnesia! Oh.. he's got me saying it, AmDeansia... oh god, now I'm all turned around."

Quite enjoyed the series of study rooms they went into as well, even if the lighting gag was a little goofy it led to "Everyone touch me!".

EDIT: Oh! And the whole "Karl took your home" line to Abed which made him kind of stop for a moment - second time through I remembered that Abed was half-Polish.

I thought it was a pretty damn good episode, decent by Community standards, which is still way better than most shows. Garrett's line of "I signed this room out! And I have a final tomorrow!", Britta getting excited at people protesting, Pierce's "If there were more people like Annie, we'd all be speaking Vietnamese right now" and "Those people call ham 'bacon'" and the History professor informing them that there weren't going to be any dioramas was great stuff.

I'm just happy we came back to Greendale.

Community will have a puppet episode

it was spoiled that the April episode—featuring previously announced guest star Jason Alexander, as “a friendly mountain man”—will see the group attempting to one-up that one episode of Angel by turning the entire cast into puppets, which they'll use to confront a recent “awkward” experience in the woods in the adorable manner of all children's shows and children's sexual abuse cases.

Other things we learned from the panel: Jim Rash used his Oscar-winning abilities to draft a Freaky Friday-referencing episode in which Troy and Abed apparently switch bodies, Yvette Nicole Brown promised something “bigger coming than Malcolm-Jamal Warner playing my husband”