House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

I mean she gave birth to the shadow thing that assassinated Renly, and when she leeched Gendry and Stannis named the usurpers (Robb, Balon, etc.) all but one of them died. I think there's probably more to suggest that the Red God is a "true" god, given that and how Thoros worships R'hllor and has been able to resurrect Berric Dondarrion multiple times now.

• Like 1

And because well, just look at him.

Also, book readers, do you think we can expect the Brotherhood Without Banners to appear again? Seems like some pretty powerful characters to introduce for a few episodes and then never visit again.

• Like 2

Without Stoneheart they're pretty pointless to the overall story.

Given they combined Edric Storm and Gendry's characters, it'd be pretty easy to not have Gendry with them to. But yeah, no Stoneheart no party when it comes to the Brotherhood. I reckon.

Not really a spoiler because it is in the trailer for the next episode, but just in case, RE: Mel's sacrifices

The trailer for the next episode seems to have to storm clearing, suggesting the sacrifice of Shereen worked.

As far as I know only Kings can legitimise. Robb Stark sent a letter legitimising Jon Snow when he was King in the North (don't think it's made it to the Wall though), the Lannisters legitimised Ramsey as a thanks for him taking Moat Cailin or something, so without a king willing to, I doubt it will happen.

As I said, if someone were to legitimise him, he'd be ahead of Stannis succession wise, regardless of who's alive. He's Robert's actual son, and he's the heir.

Well...

There's always the popular theory that Jon Snow isn't Ned's son, but is the son of Rhaeger and Lyanna Stark, which would give Jon an even better claim on the throne than Robert had. I can't think of a better reason why Melisandre would be interested in him; if Jon was just Ned's bastard, what would be the point?

In which case, Ned couldn't technically legitimize him on the ground that he's not his son, not to mention Ned probably wouldn't do it because Ned was kind of a goody two-shoes about that sort of thing.

They left it ambiguous, either Mel knows that John has Targaryen blood or he has King's blood by being related to Robb, who was King in the North.

They left it ambiguous, either Mel knows that John has Targaryen blood or he has King's blood by being related to Robb, who was King in the North.

I wonder if that would even work, because wouldn't that make Bran and Rickon fair game? What about Arya or Sansa, or...

Oh fuck. Theon.

I'm more than aware of that theory, Mick, I'm avoiding possible spoilers because it's the TV thread

:P

I don't get what you're trying to say anyway, Ned wasn't a King so didn't have the power to legitimise Jon anyway regardless of his parentage :P

Roose legitimized Ramsay though.

Through a decree from the Lannisters, who are sat on the throne. I did mention that in the original post of mine you quoted

:P I believe Roose asked for it, so whilst it was his decision, it still has to go through the king to be official.

Edited by Stannis Jeratheon

Just as a warning, spoilers for the finale have leaked onto other sites like Reddit, so be careful what you're clicking if you want to avoid them.

• Like 2

Season finale.

What an episode. Best parts at the beginning and the end. Stannis immediately gets his comeuppance and then Ollie does what I knew he'd do after that Sam speech he got. Melisandre back at The Wall is gonna explain away my immediate question about Jon Snow.

Edited by punky