House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

24 minutes ago, Benji said:

The Targaryens and the Dragons both began the very wars that destroyed them both.

Only mostly destroyed them. They stuck around another 150 years before Robert's Rebellion. 

32 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

George RR Martin has said that he's finished about 75% of The Winds of Winter. Then again, he gave an estimated release year of 2014 at one point, so he's never been a great judge of these things.

Whoa, F&B 2 might happen after all :o

On 26/10/2022 at 15:29, Hellraiser said:

If he continues working at his current pace, that means about 3 more years until the release. I'll believe it when I hold the book in my hands.

He says he hasn't played Elden Ring because people seem to want this book at some point. So let's hope nobody introduces him to the game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forky said:

He says he hasn't played Elden Ring because people seem to want this book at some point. So let's hope nobody introduces him to the game.

He built the world for it so he doesn't need introducing :lol: I'm convinced the series is intentionally not ending until he passes at this point.

1 hour ago, Benji said:

He built the world for it so he doesn't need introducing :lol: I'm convinced the series is intentionally not ending until he passes at this point.

I more meant sits him down in front of it. Haha. Despite being the one who built the world for it, I bet he sucks at the game :D 

35 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I like to think that he finished the books years ago and has been seeing how long he can annoy his publisher and fans. It would be the greatest elaborate joke in modern literary history.

Okay, now I kind of want this to be honest.

• Haha 1

I meant to read the books after the show was concluded. But the horrible last few seasons turned me off of doing that. And now I'm not sure if I should invest all the time in a series that will likely never be concluded. We're probably going to get Winds Of Winter eventually, but I don't thin A Dream of Spring will ever see the light of day.

18 minutes ago, Hellraiser said:

I meant to read the books after the show was concluded. But the horrible last few seasons turned me off of doing that. And now I'm not sure if I should invest all the time in a series that will likely never be concluded. We're probably going to get Winds Of Winter eventually, but I don't thin A Dream of Spring will ever see the light of day.

My plan was always to read the books after the show had basically gotten through/corresponded with each of them, a plan that worked very well for allowing me to appreciate the show for what it was and then once I was finally like "you know what? Fuck the show" I just read the rest. Definitely made me appreciate just how awful the show's take on Dorne and its set of characters was.