House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

The timeskips are a tad jarring and I'd have almost urged the writer's room to concoct some glue to keep things moving along a little bit more slowly. They've forced themselves, multiple times, to basically do hasty exposition out of a lack of other ways to do it.

Spoiler

Alicent dramatically walking in to the wedding feast in a color we've never seen her wearing before did not need a quick line of dialogue to explain the symbolism of a Hightower wearing green. Maybe they could've done a little bit of stuff at Oldtown where it's brought up and feels a bit more natural.

It's just weird to rush these things when, well, you're GOT and you are getting all the time in the world to tell your story since you're the biggest thing HBO has.

21 minutes ago, Lint said:

It makes sense. They used the theme from Star Trek: The Motion Picture for The Next Generation /shrug. 

29 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:
  Hide contents

Aegon's current actor is David Tennant's son. Thankfully, he's over 18 because I was a bit concerned about the window wanking.

Did you only spoil this because of....that? 

And I'm not sure how much it would even effect the plot :shifty:  

Larys Strong is basically your average Crusader Kings player, minus the incest.

Also, 

Spoiler

anyone else get sort of neruodivergent vibes from Helaena or am I reading way too far into her apparent mystic abilities according to the casting sheet?

1 hour ago, Țhə Hªñđßømë Łùçhâďőŕĕ said:

Larys Strong is basically your average Crusader Kings player, minus the incest.

Also, 

Hide contents

anyone else get sort of neruodivergent vibes from Helaena or am I reading way too far into her apparent mystic abilities according to the casting sheet?

I was picking up...something.  Kinda Rainman-ish if you've seen that movie

Spoiler

Ffs I liked the Strongs so of course they had to die. At least Harwen beat the fuck out of Criston before he got done in. Seriously Criston it's been 10 years move on mate. Also very sad about Laena's ending. Vhagar looks cool as fuck, though.