House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

Quality-wise should be good, it's mostly fleshing out the broad strokes of Fire & Blood that needs to be done. Main war has an ending in print unlike GOT itself.

EDIT: 

I'm in on HOTD possibly becoming a sort of Targaryen anthology series.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kyle Targaryen said:

Quality-wise should be good, it's mostly fleshing out the broad strokes of Fire & Blood that needs to be done. Main war has an ending in print unlike GOT itself.

EDIT: 

I'm in on HOTD possibly becoming a sort of Targaryen anthology series.

I'll take the Blackfyre Rebellion for $200, Alex. 

@Kyle Targaryen

You think you could spoiler-link the Season 1 outline? :shifty: 

Really, if you wanted to milk this as much as you could...

Let's say the Dance gets four seasons, but they want to keep going. 

Spoiler

Season 5 is about Aegon III's regency.

Season 6 is Aegon's adult reign, ending with his death. 

Season 7 is Daeron I's invasion of Dorne.

Season 8 is about Baelor the Blessed (as well as Daena the Defiant sneaking out and getting knocked up by the future Aegon the IV)

Season 9 is on Viserys II and him dying (via poison to Aegon IV)

Season 10...HO BOY. Aegon the Unworthy. Tensions that lead to the Blackfyre Rebellion

Season 11 is the Blackfyre Rebellion

Season 12 - The Ashford Tourney where a young knight named Dunk gets into trouble 

Season 13 - Dunk and Egg 2 and 3

• 3 weeks later...

I'm seeing mixed reviews for the first few episodes. Some people are really enthusiastic about it, but I've seen more than one reviewer say that the characters aren't very interesting. I wonder how much that has to do with familiarity of the source material.

A few are saying that it's too similar to Game of Thrones, which is possibly a bit harsh, given that it's based on GRRM's existing content. If the casual observer sees it as being a Game of Thrones knock-off, though, I hope the viewing figures don't drop too much.

Sorry if this has already been discussed but I find myself about to try to watch a new Game of Thrones show tonight so I have to ask. Is it still going to be full of rape and played off that "we have to stay true to the times" even though it's a fake world with dragons or have they finally come to their senses?

1 hour ago, Your Mom said:

Sorry if this has already been discussed but I find myself about to try to watch a new Game of Thrones show tonight so I have to ask. Is it still going to be full of rape and played off that "we have to stay true to the times" even though it's a fake world with dragons or have they finally come to their senses?

Checked the Season 1 outline I've got, nothing egregious in nature I can sense, with the closest it gets is apparently in Episode 7. Mostly Daemon being a grooming shit which tbf is what he is in the books.

Depending on what Season 2 covers, that'll likely be the dear gods what season in terms of content.

Also, first episode leaked and the first big death is a tough one 😭

• Thanks 1

Just now, Your Mom said:

I know nothing about this show at all. Pretty much the same as the last one before I started watching it. I think Matt Smith might be a bad guy? I might be wrong about that though. I'm about to see I guess!

In the previews he's seemed like a pretty big douchebag. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

I know nothing about this show at all. Pretty much the same as the last one before I started watching it. I think Matt Smith might be a bad guy? I might be wrong about that though. I'm about to see I guess!

He's bad like Razor Ramon :shifty: . 

Spoiler

image.png

Nice dagger :shifty: 

Episode 1 thoughts (There are spoilers for future plot developments as well, since this has all been documented before):  

Spoiler

The set pieces are really well done. I like the new look for the Iron Throne as opposed to how it looked in Game of Thrones. I like that they're continuing to use the established musical cues.

Matt Smith is really nailing it as Daemon Targaryen. It should be interesting to see how he plays the character throughout the rest of the series considering what is to come. 

Spoiler

It's going to be a real tragedy once the shit does hit the fan considering the almost sisterly relationship Alicent and Rhaenyra share. I mean....Jesus, just thinking about how that's going to go down is heart wrenching.

I'm not sure how crazy I am about this whole revelation that Aegon I did his conquest was because of a dream of the Long Night. I think it diminishes what's to come, although I do believe that GRRM said this is going to be a bit more faithful to the books (ASOIAF) then to the show. So, in that sense it might better to see Game of Thrones as more of an alternative universe than the actual canon events. That being said, while I think the inclusion of Viserys having the Catspaw Dagger is kind of cheesy, in a way it does make sense if you consider that Robert pretty much hated everything about the Targaryens. He had the dragon skulls (which adorned the throne room) put into the basement, and I'm sure he would've put the damn Iron Throne down there if he could have. He probably saw the dagger, someone said "Oh hey look, a Targaryen heirloom", and Bobby either gave it away or gambled it away, which is how it ended up in Littlefinger's hands. 

Regardless, I'm going to keep watching this. I know that there will be some very serious shit that makes the action scenes in Game of Thrones seem like child's play, and I'm going along for that ride. 

1 hour ago, Your Mom said:

Daemon's in truth both good and bad, massive raging douche regardless

Also

Spoiler

Aemma Arryn 😭

1 minute ago, Țhə Hªñđßømë Łùçhâďőŕĕ said:

Daemon's in truth both good and bad, massive raging douche regardless

Spoiler

Aemond Targaryen has entered the chat. 

5 minutes ago, Mick said:

Hide contents

Regardless, I'm going to keep watching this. I know that there will be some very serious shit that makes the action scenes in Game of Thrones seem like child's play, and I'm going along for that ride. 

Spoiler

Blood and Cheese want to know your location.