hugobomb

29 minutes ago, Țhə Hªñđßømë Łùçhâďőŕĕ said:
  Hide contents

That boar was haunted by the Ghost of Future Bobby B

Spoiler

Gods he was spooky then. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

What is it with Otto Hightower just constantly trying to get some incest going up in this bitch?

Just now, Lint said:
  Hide contents

What is it with Otto Hightower just constantly trying to get some incest going up in this bitch?

Spoiler

tbf the Citadel is in his hometown and they've likely got some freaky erotic literature there so...

Spoiler

I enjoyed that episode, but I thought the battle scene was too much of a Hollywood action sequence. Daemon being a one-man army and somehow avoiding hundreds of arrows before being saved at the last moment is the sort of clichéd series of set-pieces that became too common in the later series of Game of Thrones.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bobfoc said:
  Hide contents

I enjoyed that episode, but I thought the battle scene was too much of a Hollywood action sequence. Daemon being a one-man army and somehow avoiding hundreds of arrows before being saved at the last moment is the sort of clichéd series of set-pieces that became too common in the later series of Game of Thrones.

Spoiler

The arrows knew better. 

Spoiler

The show's version of the Crabfeeder is supposed to be suffering from Greyscale, right? That disease is supposed to be very infectious IIRC. And Daemon just cut that guy in half and splattered his blood all over himself. Does this mean he is infected now or are Targaryen immune against it?

4 hours ago, Hellraiser said:
  Hide contents

The show's version of the Crabfeeder is supposed to be suffering from Greyscale, right? That disease is supposed to be very infectious IIRC. And Daemon just cut that guy in half and splattered his blood all over himself. Does this mean he is infected now or are Targaryen immune against it?

Spoiler

I don’t think his skin condition was ever confirmed in the show was it?

49 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Jason Lannister, that's Tywin's father?

Edit: apparently not! I guess I misread.

Also, not sure why I'm ok with spoilers in this series unlike the original? 

This is like 200 years before S1 of GoT.  Probably more like Great-great-great grandfather

• Like 3

Pretty much the only house who we can show a direct line to is House Targaryen. Even then, that's a bit muddied due to an ommision they made in Game of Thrones.

In Game of Thrones, Maester Aemon gives us this:

"My father was Maekar, the First of his Name. My brother Aegon reigned after him, when I had refused the throne, and he was followed by his son Aerys, whom they called the Mad King.”

Which completely ignores the reign of Jaehaerys II, who was actually Aerys' father and not Aegon V. And I can't be kind about this because it's the shit with Aegon V's kids where things start going south. 

His oldest son married for love and got disinherited. 

Jaehaerys was promised to another but married his sister for love. 

Jaehaerys then decided to have Aerys marry his own sister, even though they hated one another. 

Aerys.........moving on. 

10 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Tywin's father was Tytos. He was quite similar in personality to King Viserys.

tbf at least Viserys has something of a backbone.

Gap between Loreon and Damon Lannister messes up a direct line. Outside of that, it's a decently straight shot from Lyman Lannister (GODS WHAT A STUPID NAME) to Cersei

Haven't watched the latest episode yet, but apparently they had another fuck up, like the Starbucks coffee cup, and forgot to edit out Viserys' missing fingers in a scene, and you see him walking around with green paint on those fingers.

They're going to edit it out just like the cup for re-airings, which means I won't get to see it because we watch the show on HBO Max instead of recording it. 

Spoiler

Okay, yes, I get it, the Catspaw Dagger blablabla we all know what happens with it, and yes, while it's cool that it's a Targaryen heirloom, do we really need all this lore behind it? It's not fucking Sting, it's not the fucking Master Sword, it's not a Hatori Hanzo blade, it's simply Valyrian steel.