House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

2 minutes ago, damhausen said:

I've been to so many fan conventions in my life and I've seen my fair share of bad fitting wigs. How the hell does this happened on multiple major productions? First The Witcher and now this?

Inexcusable.

All Targaryen wigs looked awful in the original series, I don't know why they thought more of those would improve things.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yeah the only sequel I want is Arya sailing west and encountering strange and new civilizations. Basically a GOT Star Trek. I don't need Jon living in the north and then shorehorning in people like Bran and Sansa when he randomly decides to make a quick trip south for milk or whatever.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, damhausen said:

Yeah the only sequel I want is Arya sailing west and encountering strange and new civilizations. Basically a GOT Star Trek. I don't need Jon living in the north and then shorehorning in people like Bran and Sansa when he randomly decides to make a quick trip south for milk or whatever.

I hated Bran and Sansa when I watched the show for the first time last year (earlier this year?) so I do not look forward to this. I wasn't even a huge fan of Jon Snow either. God, just talking about this is bringing up my rage about how Arya's storyline was pretty much nuked.

Spoiler

I don't know why I'm doing spoilers for a show this old, but whatever. Arya ended up killing like, what, one or two people from her list? I was fucking fuming that Cersei died the way she did, instead of being murked by Arya, who spent like two seasons training to be an assassin. COME ON!

Ughhhh. Anyway, I guess Kit Harrington just hates his free time, since he's agreeing to do this, plus he's going to have an active role in the MCU in the future as Black Knight (even if Eternals isn't the most popular IP they have - he's still going to factor into other movies and shows, for sure).

• Like 1

In reading the books I had a rather prevailing theory that Arya wasn't making it to the end, unless she came off the ledge with her quest for vengeance. It's entirely possible that much like everything else after they surpassed the books Benioff & Weiss had no clue as to the nuance of her story and this couldn't actually fucking tell it.

8 minutes ago, damhausen said:

In reading the books I had a rather prevailing theory that Arya wasn't making it to the end, unless she came off the ledge with her quest for vengeance. It's entirely possible that much like everything else after they surpassed the books Benioff & Weiss had no clue as to the nuance of her story and this couldn't actually fucking tell it.

Headcanon has her backing off on the Terminator Arya stuff.

Speaking of theories

Spoiler

JonCon takes Grey Worm's indiscriminate killing in King's Landing in the show, which takes place before Dany burninates everyone. She still does it but at first it's crowd control. Eventually gives in and goes MQD, and then carry on as normal

• 3 weeks later...

Heads up for those wanting to go in blind on the first season of House of the Dragon: apparently more detailed summaries of each episode are floating around the internet and in essence confirm the outline of events as whipped up by r/HouseOfTheDragon.

Read them as I've finished the book and aside from

Spoiler
Spoiler

the ending of Episode 1 which explains why Aegon the Conqueror did what he did which complicates things

follows the relevant chapters of Fire & Blood with reasonably great accuracy, with changes from print material largely relegated to fleshing out the day to day lives of everyone involved.