House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

I think a lot of those rumors that GRRM wrote the books as a way to get something optioned for TV hold some weight. The entire format of the books was always very clearly written like you'd write a TV show.

Plus, just about all of his other projects don't carry with them the labor of writing a book and, more specifically, dealing with editors and publishers. 

There's also the theory that a lot of the key beats of the TV show will be the same in the books and the backlash to just about all of them has turned him off from finishing.

Overall I think it's pretty clear he'd be fine if he never actually wrapped up the series.

In also think that at this point people should get used to the idea that he will never finish up the series himself if they haven't done so already. At least if his plan still is to finish the series with the seventh novel.

Edited by Hellraiser
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Hellraiser said:

In also think that at this point people should get used to the idea that he will never finish up the series himself if they haven't done so already. At least if his plan still is to finish the series with the seventh novel.

Yeah I've basically come to that realization and agree with @Bobfoc about TWOW seeming like a chore at this point. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
10 hours ago, Krabby said:

Like on one hand, GRRM doesn't owe anyone anything but, also, on the other hand...

Finish the books ffs

He's had 2 years where he's had nothing else to do.  No Cons, no traveling for interviews, no nothing. 

If he hasn't finished them with those conditions, he never will

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Lint said:

He's had 2 years where he's had nothing else to do.  No Cons, no traveling for interviews, no nothing. 

If he hasn't finished them with those conditions, he never will

I mean, the biggest con was the pandemic. Which amongst other things, can be a creatively draining, anxiety-inducing time. Wouldn't judge anyone on their inability to turn a pretty horrid time into something creatively fruitful. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kaney said:

Pretty sure he means con as in pros and cons not as in a scam.

I was drunk when I read that and this makes much more sense...

• Like 2