House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

42 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I don't know if it's something specific to Miguel Sapochnik or just a coincidence, but his episodes do seem to be particularly dark.

Also the lighting's bad. 

I'll see myself out. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mick said:

Also the lighting's bad. 

I'll see myself out. 

giphy.gif

New Alicent doesn’t know how to act when not speaking.  When she has lines and is doing stuff she’s good, but when she isn’t, she just looks like she’s waiting to react, with the same look on her face at all times.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hellraiser said:
  Hide contents

Rhaenyra no! :crying: I was on your side goddamnit! Who the fuck am I supposed to root for now?

Spoiler

Cregan Stark

30 minutes ago, Mick said:

Hide contents

Cregan Stark

Spoiler

All joking aside, I have really no idea who to root for now. All the major players in this conflict are assholes to varying degrees and there isn't even a sole voice of reason like Tyrion or Varys in either faction anymore other then maybe Rhaenys if loosing both of her children hasn't completely broken her. And even if it hasn't, I don't think anyone will listen to her. I would appreciate a Stark becoming a major character in the show.

Edit: I was so pissed of at Rhaenyra's heel turn that I immediately went here to vent and forgot that I had a couple of minutes of the episode left to watch. I'm rooting for Laenor and Quarl to have a happy life in Essos.

Edited by Hellraiser

41 minutes ago, Hellraiser said:
  Hide contents

All joking aside, I have really no idea who to root for now. All the major players in this conflict are assholes to varying degrees and there isn't even a sole voice of reason like Tyrion or Varys in either faction anymore other then maybe Rhaenys if loosing both of her children hasn't completely broken her. And even if it hasn't, I don't think anyone will listen to her. I would appreciate a Stark becoming a major character in the show.

Edit: I was so pissed of at Rhaenyra's heel turn that I immediately went here to vent and forgot that I had a couple of minutes of the episode left to watch. I'm rooting for Laenor and Quarl to have a happy life in Essos.

In all honesty, most people on both sides of the Dance are absolute assholes to some extent. No shame in staying Team Rhaenyra, though tbf her biggest asshole moves are coming in future seasons.

As for Starks as major characters, Cregan is your best shot but he mostly is clean-up crew in the war. Sara Snow might be if she is in fact not a made-up person by resident King's Landing shitlord Mushroom.

4 minutes ago, Pumpkin Spice Luchadore said:

In all honesty, most people on both sides of the Dance are absolute assholes to some extent. No shame in staying Team Rhaenyra, though tbf her biggest asshole moves are coming in future seasons.

Spoiler

Just for clarification: Rhaenyra did order Deamon to kill Laenor, right? And the reason for why he didn't end up dead that was that Qarl staged the switcheroo. Neither Rhaenyra or Deamon were involved in that, right? 

43 minutes ago, Hellraiser said:
  Hide contents

Just for clarification: Rhaenyra did order Deamon to kill Laenor, right? And the reason for why he didn't end up dead that was that Qarl staged the switcheroo. Neither Rhaenyra or Deamon were involved in that, right? 

Spoiler

To me at least I'm explaining it as a "make it convincing, kid" thing from Daemon and Rhaenyra and not a "ayo kill him for real" thing, based off how she was talking with him about their STRONG ABSOLUTELY TRUEBORN sons.

Still, a rando had to die and a major dick move to emotionally scar the people in charge of the bulk of your eventual naval fleet. 

Rhaenys, tho 😭

4 hours ago, Hellraiser said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Daemon was involved. He killed the man whose body they used in place of Laenor's.

My favorite part of this week's episode was

Spoiler

My wife screaming angrily at the TV when Laenor "died" and then when he was on the boat at the end cheering and being happy that the other guy who Daemon killed was dead so that Laenor could fake his own death.

The full Thrones experience baby!

Also the complaints about the dark scenes and lighting are pretty valid. It's like they're trying to make it feel as if they're using natural lighting for everything, which is fine if you actually are but this a Thrones show that goes through a ton of post-production and not a shaky hand-cam 1960s French avant-garde movie. I'm lucky my TV tends to adapt very well to dark scenes but I know most people just had to really squint or up the TV brightness setting manually.