House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

According to Variety, HBO is considering making a series focusing on Aegon's conquest. It's not surprising as, like with House of the Dragon, the whole plot is already laid out. It would surely have to be years away, though.

I'm hoping they don't feel as though they absolutely have to have dragons in all their Game of Thrones spinoffs. Obviously, this particular one has to have them, but I think they could get a lot of mileage out of a series on the life of Aerys II. That wouldn't have any dragons, direwolves or White Walkers, which I'd prefer.

And yes, I do realise how odd it is that the fantasy elements are my least favourite part of a fantasy story.

8 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

According to Variety, HBO is considering making a series focusing on Aegon's conquest. It's not surprising as, like with House of the Dragon, the whole plot is already laid out. It would surely have to be years away, though.

I'm hoping they don't feel as though they absolutely have to have dragons in all their Game of Thrones spinoffs. Obviously, this particular one has to have them, but I think they could get a lot of mileage out of a series on the life of Aerys II. That wouldn't have any dragons, direwolves or White Walkers, which I'd prefer.

And yes, I do realise how odd it is that the fantasy elements are my least favourite part of a fantasy story.

HBO seems to think the same as well; which is why that show with Naomi Watts didn't make it past the pilot. They believe people more or less like the sex, politics, and soap opera layered on fantasy trappings. It might be a misread of the reaction to the final season, but I did also see people generally grumbling about all the stuff with the white walkers for years before that.

10 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Tbf to a Conquest series, I'd like it from a non-Targaryen perspective.

Won't get it like that probably tho :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I didn't realize the Green one was out too!!!

(but I can't side with the team that has Incel Knight on it really)