House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

I thought the darkness was at least a little more tolerable than in The Long Night because the scenes were slow enough for you to work out who was who and what was going on. In The Long Night, it was a lot harder to follow.

The occasional dark, murky shot to show the chaos of battle might work, but doing it for a whole episode was too much. I hope it's something they drop as the show continues.

16 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

I thought the darkness was at least a little more tolerable than in The Long Night because the scenes were slow enough for you to work out who was who and what was going on. In The Long Night, it was a lot harder to follow.

The occasional dark, murky shot to show the chaos of battle might work, but doing it for a whole episode was too much. I hope it's something they drop as the show continues.

They really dig their heels in that it's part of their artistic approach, which as you suggested is fine if it's for individual scenes. But when you're not intended to see half an episode clearly it becomes very annoying.

8 minutes ago, Ruki said:

My wife just told me about 

Hide contents

Blood and Cheese

Jesus Christ.

Loving the show though. Feeling like GoT again.

Spoiler

That's a quite mild way to describe forcing one of the few pure people on either side into an impossible choice that doesn't get respected. Gonna be a very tough one to sit through.

Also now y'all know why I winced so much every time there were windows during Helaena's early scenes.

1 hour ago, damhausen said:

Yeah the show is going to be missing him dearly, no matter what else happens.

Matt Smith is, as always, on point but Paddy Considine was just the man this season.

Me as Viserys was struggling to get to the Iron Throne:
MXRHhH6.gif

8 hours ago, Maxx said:

It looks like elder Aemond and Aegon actors are playing the wrong roles, and should be reversed.  

I think the Aemond actor makes sense to me but Aegon just looked like a totally different person to me where most of the aged-up actor changes felt really natural. It took me like half the episode to remember that there are only two brothers in that set, at least at this point introduced in the series.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Benji said:

Up to episode 3. Targs are supposedly big on incest, and even half brother Aegon is proposed, so why doesn't the princess marry uncle Daemon and solve any lineage issues? I'm sure I'm being dumb but why is this not on the table?

Uncle Daemon has a wife

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Benji said:

Up to episode 3. Targs are supposedly big on incest, and even half brother Aegon is proposed, so why doesn't the princess marry uncle Daemon and solve any lineage issues? I'm sure I'm being dumb but why is this not on the table?

Episode 4... Well... I mean I was somewhat on the ball :lol: