General Football Thread

Starvinho

When Cardiff got to the FA Cup final a few years back, the FA confirmed they would represent England in Europe the following season if they won the Cup.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/7350681.stm

• Admin
zidane-materazzi490ai.jpg

The head-butt which marked the end of Zinedine Zidane's career has been set in bronze. A 5m statue of the France international aiming his shaven head at Italy's Marco Materazzi has been erected in front of Paris's Centre Pompidou modern art museum.

The France forward was red carded for his clash with Materazzi at the 2006 World Cup final, which happened to be the former Real Madrid player's final match.

http://www.football-italia.net/25460/zidane-matrix-statue-show

A former Croatia Miss Sport finalist Tihana Nemcic has become the first woman to be appointed coach of a men’s team. The 24-year-old, who is also a member of Croatia’s women’s team, will coach Croatian fifth division side NK Viktorija Vojakovac. It’s a start I suppose.

“I am the head coach and I have full liberty to create and plan the team’s tactics,” she told 24 sata.

“The guys know the game, but there is a lot more to do,” added Nemcic, who has played for ten years for Dinamo Zagreb’s women’s team and the national squad.

Nemcic said that there was nothing unusual about her appointment and dismissed suggestions that it was a publicity stunt.

“If a woman and a man have the same professional qualifications for a coaching job, I see no reason why I should not get into male football,” she said.

“We are a great team and we all want to improve and reach the top of our league.”

tihana-nemcic.jpg

PARDEW OUT!

• Like 3

A former Croatia Miss Sport finalist Tihana Nemcic has become the first woman to be appointed coach of a men's team. The 24-year-old, who is also a member of Croatia's women's team, will coach Croatian fifth division side NK Viktorija Vojakovac. It's a start I suppose.

"I am the head coach and I have full liberty to create and plan the team's tactics," she told 24 sata.

"The guys know the game, but there is a lot more to do," added Nemcic, who has played for ten years for Dinamo Zagreb's women's team and the national squad.

Nemcic said that there was nothing unusual about her appointment and dismissed suggestions that it was a publicity stunt.

"If a woman and a man have the same professional qualifications for a coaching job, I see no reason why I should not get into male football," she said.

"We are a great team and we all want to improve and reach the top of our league."

tihana-nemcic.jpg

PARDEW OUT!

And so, it begins...

zidane-materazzi490ai.jpg

The head-butt which marked the end of Zinedine Zidane's career has been set in bronze. A 5m statue of the France international aiming his shaven head at Italy's Marco Materazzi has been erected in front of Paris's Centre Pompidou modern art museum.

The France forward was red carded for his clash with Materazzi at the 2006 World Cup final, which happened to be the former Real Madrid player's final match.

http://www.football-italia.net/25460/zidane-matrix-statue-show

Real or viral ad for this weeks Doctor Who?

• Like 1