General Football Thread

Starvinho

So you aren't actually against it, you just wouldn't stand in them? Thats pretty much my plan, I wouldn't move from my decent seat on the halfway line, but I'd still love it if they put rail seats in the Gallowgate just for the increase in noise in an increasingly sterile sounding ground, mainly due to the confusing mix of people who want to stand and sing being stuck in a corner with people who have been sitting for years. I'd definitely aim for them for away games or the odd cup game.

As for increased expenditure no one would be forced to put them in, and the increased revenue you can get (a rail seat only takes up about 2/3's of the room a standard seat does so you can get more in) would surely be an incentive.

Yeah, I guess you're right on the whole. I just feel that, were I in charge of such financial decisions at a club, I would rather leave the seating in. We'll see how it develops anyway.

So, Ronaldinho is going to star a Bollywood movie, similar to what 'Space Jam' was.

I want it to be a shot for shot remake that doesn't infringe on copyright.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin
The Professional Footballers' Association has released who footballers from the Premier League and Football League voted for in their Fifa World XI.

Strikers: Robin van Persie, Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.

Midfielders: Yaya Toure, Xavi and Andres Iniesta.

Defenders: Ashley Cole, Vincent Kompany, Gerard Pique and Sergio Ramos.

Goalkeeper: Joe Hart.

Ashley Cole? Moan about the team being La Liga/Barca/Madrid-centric, but can't take the English serious if they put Ashley Cole in their best 11.

The PFA ones are always terrible, footballers aren't actually that good at spotting who's good.

How Pirlo didn't get in on performances for Juve and Italy is the glaring omission for me.

Apparently Messi didn't vote for Ronaldo, and Ronaldo was prevented from voting at all due to injury. Bizarre.

Edited by Colly

The PFA ones are always terrible, footballers aren't actually that good at spotting who's good.

How Pirlo didn't get in on performances for Juve and Italy is the glaring omission for me.

Apparently Messi didn't vote for Ronaldo, and Ronaldo was prevented from voting at all due to injury. Bizarre.

Yeah coincidentally that's twice in two years that Ronaldo has suddenly picked up an injury only for his replacement voter to vote Ronaldo as number 1. Funny that.