General Football Thread

Starvinho

• Admin

Screw Mexico! NZ have injuries but I hope they can stay in the tie.

Al Ahly announce they will sell Ahmed Abdul Zaher after the striker's gesture of support for ousted Egypt President Mohammed Morsi.
Zaher had already been suspended by the club for making a four-fingered salute after scoring in Sunday's 2-0 win over Orlando Pirates in the Champions League final second leg in Cairo.
Ahly have also fined Mohammed Aboutrika for not collecting his winner's medal.
The midfielder has been told to pay 50,000 Egyptian pounds ($7,250).

I can't get over the fact that it's gotten so bad for Mexico that they've had to start relying on Rafa Marquez again.

EDIT: Jesus, seven out of 11 NZ starters are on yellows.

Speaking of The Guardian and football lingo...

Guardian's Football Cliches Quiz

Got 14/15, only missed #5 and I deliberated between the right answer and what I actually put quite a bit for answering wrong.

15/15. Not sure whether to be delighted or devastated.

Sorry, I mean "over the moon" or "sick as a parrot".

An Arsenal supporter has lost his house after betting it on the result of the weekend defeat toManchester United.

Henry Dhabasani bet his family home that Arsenal would beat United; Rashid Yiga, a United supporter, wagered his car and wife in return.

The pair, in the Iganga district of Eastern Uganda, took the wager so seriously that local elders and supporters witnessed the signing of the bet.

Dhabasani reportedly fainted at full-time, with Arsenal’s 1-0 loss condemning him to homelessness. The following Monday, his house was seized by United fans, leaving him, his three wives and five children without a roof over their heads.

:lol: