What have you been playing this week?

Benji

Downloaded Super Empire Strikes Back (the SNES game) for the Wii, and it's either a lot more difficult and bizarre than I remember it being, or I'm just shit at video games now. Either way, it's not aged nearly as well as I had imagined it would. What has aged well is Chrono Trigger, which I started on Sunday and, having not played it in at least ten years, I'm bloody loving it - other than the odd little thing here and there, I barely remember a thing about it, so I'm either constantly pleasantly reminded of things, or being genuinely surprised and amazed by the plot, and just generally how brilliant the game is. Has barely aged a day.

Empire Strikes Back was the most flawed of the SNES Star Wars games. Do yourself a favour and pick up the first game or Jedi instead, as Empire wasn't really a great sequel to it. I love all three, but Empire wasn't particularly great.

I probably will get the others eventually. Now that I think about it, it was Jedi that I played a lot more of at a friend's house as a kid, but I think my logic was to go with the best film >_>

Yeah, quite shocking it was the least fun. I must've beaten the other two about a thousand times between when my Grandmother's SNES and when I found out about ROMs.

I remember people being all WTF wen the thrid game basicly still looked like the first one, more like a level pack... but i still loved them all. I think for that time they were the only propper star wars games... X-Wing and Tie Fighter had been around earlyer and i am not shure if the FPS was already released on PC. (people liked it, i never got into FPSes...)

Dead Space 2. Since I could it get it for free from work, I wanted to try it out even though I didn't like the first one. It still isn't every scary but I am finding myself enjoyig it quite a lot more than the first one; much more original, so far seems a lot less tacky (although that opening scene with the mutation right in your face was really stupid) also has much better scenery. Plus, the Javelin Gun, ie. impaling things and sticking them to wall, always makes a game better.

Three games I'm mainly playing at the moment:

Killing Floor (PC) - Great community, fun gameplay I don't get enough of. At first it looks like shit (it's an indy game I guess), but if you get past being a graphics whore, it's a pretty deep zombie game and also good fun.

NBA 2k11 (360) - I've always liked basketball but it's almost impossible for me to watch it due to living in Holland and us Dutchies not giving a fuck about basketball. Did manage to catch the NBA finals and it got me into basketball. NBA 2k11 is a great game and represents its sport way better than FIFA11.

Football Manager 2011 (PC) - Duh. <_<

Finished LA Noire last week, been hunting for achievements. Now that I have them all except the ones from the next DLC case, I now started Dante's Inferno.

How did you get all the vehicles?

When I finished the game, I had most of the vehicles already, about 70 something. I then searched through several guides on the internet that stated the places most likely for the vehicles to show up, and in some cases, the missions where they definitely showed up, along with the vehicles' pictures. I must've spent about 4 to 5 hours looking for my last two. I believe I used gamesradar's guide as well as another, but I can't remember what was it.Sorry :(

Been playing Assasain's Creed: Brotherhood all week. I declined on getting it when it first came out because on the surface it just looked like a stopgap in the series, but I realised I was wrong and picked it up last week used on the cheap. What a game! I remember why I loved II so much, Ezio! The guy is the epitome of badass and the game is soo deep, so much to get ditracted with. Just finished the 9 memory sequences and all of Ezio's bits, I think after an amazing experience. It still amazes me how improved these games are over the first in the series. he first one and Altair were pretty average in all honesty but Ezio and the sequels have been amazing.

Really looking forward to the short wait for Revelations now.

San Andreas had some epic levels like driving the drug guy into San Francisco in the drug wagon with the screen wavering around everywhere.....Going into the cult plantation and doing them over...Great stuff.

Loved the chance to fly around and to skydive out of planes.

Loving heading to the beach on (Friday?) when you could enter a triathlon - swimming around the beach then a bike ride to the mound on the posh end of San Francisco and then a run to the top....Fantastic. Then getting to Las Vegas was great too. Even some of the dating stories were fun (like the bondage one). There was just so much to do in that game.

• Like 1

Been playing Final Fantasy VII on my PSP and I can't stand the stuff in the desert below Gold Saucer. So boring! It's such a tease when you know of all the fun at GS that you can't really do until later in the game.

I'm also about halfway through 3D Dot Game Heroes I think. I love this game. Wonderful stuff, I really do recommend it to anyone with a PS3.

Been playing Final Fantasy VII on my PSP and I can't stand the stuff in the desert below Gold Saucer. So boring! It's such a tease when you know of all the fun at GS that you can't really do until later in the game.

I'm also about halfway through 3D Dot Game Heroes I think. I love this game. Wonderful stuff, I really do recommend it to anyone with a PS3.

I just finished the Aqua temple myself. For some reason i've unwittingly found myself playing on Friday/Saturday though so I still haven't played as much as I should. I find myself doing one temple and then quitting.

I just finished the Aqua temple myself. For some reason i've unwittingly found myself playing on Friday/Saturday though so I still haven't played as much as I should. I find myself doing one temple and then quitting.

Yeah, same. I do like it a lot, but I don't want to overplay. Especially now the temples have gotten longer. How did you beat the Kraken? That's the one I'm on at the moment and died last I tried. I'm looking forward to trying to get the trophies for beating the bosses and taking no damage.