FIFA 12

Cymbols

There are a few reasons that can happen, I keep doing it myself. Firstly, if you press LT (is that L2 or L1 on PS?) as well as the cross button, it always goes straight. Second, if you cross before you reach the line of the penalty area, it does this as well. I think that's because 'long pass' and 'cross' have different pass assists, so what can be the right angle for a good cross actually means a long pass put into the stands.

HHHmmmmm ... that blows (thanks for the heads up, as it makes sense). Looks though, that if I wait that long that I'd be crossing it into the side netting <_< ... bleh, more figuring out.

U've finally adjusted to the defensive controls at least online anyway. Won every game but one I played today keeping plenty of clean sheets in the process. It's a very rewarding system once you get used to it, makes the importance of posssession crucial.

Oh and for argument's sake, Pique is infact, dreamy.

There are a few reasons that can happen, I keep doing it myself. Firstly, if you press LT (is that L2 or L1 on PS?) as well as the cross button, it always goes straight. Second, if you cross before you reach the line of the penalty area, it does this as well. I think that's because 'long pass' and 'cross' have different pass assists, so what can be the right angle for a good cross actually means a long pass put into the stands.

HHHmmmmm ... that blows (thanks for the heads up, as it makes sense). Looks though, that if I wait that long that I'd be crossing it into the side netting <_< ... bleh, more figuring out.

You can still do basically the same cross even before you get to the line of the penalty area, you just have to press more directly into the middle of the pitch. When you're inside the 16 yard line, you can still be pressing mostly forward (imagine the direction those balls that went into the stands travelled) but outside the line, you have to press straight up for some reason. This doesn't really help when you're pretty much on the line and don't know which one to do :(

You can still do basically the same cross even before you get to the line of the penalty area, you just have to press more directly into the middle of the pitch. When you're inside the 16 yard line, you can still be pressing mostly forward (imagine the direction those balls that went into the stands travelled) but outside the line, you have to press straight up for some reason. This doesn't really help when you're pretty much on the line and don't know which one to do :(

^ YEAH ... given your description, I'm apparently wrong every time in "no man's land" when it comes to that. Although I have hit the side netting a few times :w00t: progress ... or something.

Is there a way to download uploaded videos from the EA Sports website? If I'm going to do a diary I'd like to include replays and highlight packages, but that'd be impossible with on five slots allowed.

There's normally a proper way to download it, a text link to click on the page. Otherwise, if you install some form of app for your browser, you can usually save those kind of .FLV videos and then upload them to YouTube.

Heh... Picked this up today having not touched the demo at all. Straight into career mode as Wigan on Legendary. 3 friendlies, 3 defeats. Yet to score. And i'm loving it. My pet hate with football games has always been that I could put it up to the highest difficulty almost straight away. Not so with this one it seems. Gonna see how my Prem season starts but I think I will need to knock it down to World Class soon to avoid an early sack!

Head to Head seasons is the best addition to the series in a long time. I'd already played through Division 10 on release weekend, and promotion meant I'd be trying Division 9 today.

I've played 5, won 4, lost 1 so far. 14pts is the target for promotion, so I need 2pts from the five remaining games to go up.

I think this mode would definitely get a bit boring just like this, but the added threat of relegation back down to the previous division makes it awesome. And really, if you can't pick up 8 points in 10 games against Div 9 level players, then you don't really deserve to be there. :shifty:

I'm using Malaga for every game, as opposed to changing each time, which you can do if you want. You're always matched against someone with the same star/division level as you too, to keep it fair. I haven't had any Malaga vs. Malaga matches yet, so that's a bonus. There's a shitload of french people playing it though.

I was confused at first when I saw I couldn't see who I was going to be matched up against, so I used Man City but now that I know it's matched with star level I'll start using Newcastle and Napoli later on, my two usual teams of choice.

Yeah, it is really fun, especially as you are matched up with similar teams. I've played as Fulham through the first two divisions (promotion both times, woop >_>), and it is genuinely fun. Played Newcastle god knows how many times now, but occasionally get the odd random team thrown in, like two games against Santos and Dinamo Moscow yesterday.

I just destroyed Millwall on World Class level, to the point were I had to check to see if it some how switched to Semi Pro. I'm guessing that using the "Unnerve" option when talking to the press can actually affect the opponent? That is my only logical explanation, especially when Doncaster gave me a very difficult time in my next game.

No way can anyone have quite literally, the best 11 players on the game in their Ultimate Team, without spending a whole load of money on packs, when the game has only been out for 2 weeks. Pretty much the Spain starting 11.

Then he had the nerve to message me blagging about his win, when my team couldn't compete with a side like that. Only lost 3-1 though.

I played another game in H2H seasons last night and got a draw. That means I only need 1 point out of my last 4 games to go up, so I should be alright. In saying that, I lost two in a row in the last division when I went into a game knowing I could go up after it. :shifty:

Chances are I won't play it too much during the week, but I'll try to get the promotion tied up. With Forza out on Friday it's likely I won't be on FIFA much at the weekend either.

When I had someone quit on me in H2H seasons, at the end it said something along the lines of...

''Please wait. EA is looking at match facts to determine the outcome.''

Afterwards, I got the 3pts. No doubt people have found ways for the match to end and you get absolutely nothing, though.