FIFA 12

Cymbols

This version seems to have had more problems than most. Gameplay tends to be subjective, but the interface and structure of the game is riddled with bugs.

1) Web app was unavailable when it launched and then again after the game itself launched.

2) You're quite often left unable to get into UT with a generic error message.

3) If you want to play a game, the interface can hang before kick-off, leaving you in a ridiculous stand-off with an opponent you haven't even played yet to see who loses their DNF.

4) The control glitch is back (though possibly only on PS3.) Opponents can take control of the players on your team and use them to score own goals and get sent off. You have the choice of fighting on and having a raft of players suspended for the next match or quitting and losing potentially 1000s of coins through DNF.

5) Watch list is sometimes empty even moments after you've put items on there. Entering this screen directly after a match can cause a lock-up.

6) Player stats don't work. Games don't count seemingly at random (even when you somehow manage to complete a game.) The option to sort your players by different stats doesn't work.

Pretty much the reason why I don't play FIFA online, it has always been buggy and unfair at times.

I already love it. I figure, hey, may as well give UT a blast as I've hot a team from the web app. Ms vs Blackburn. Its 1 - 0 to us. 65th min, I bring on Huntelaar. He gets a hat trick of tap ins, the first two coming from the keeper parrying his own shots. Then a fourth from the edge of the area, through the legs of a defender. So 5 - 0. And 40 G for a nutmeg and a volley. Defending feels easier than on the demo, too.

Is there any specific reason why the game is so ridiculously inbalanced in BAP now? The AI was fucking terrible in last years game, but it was never this ridiculously unbalanced. I'm playing a striker, so the defence is left entirely up to the AI, and it's nonexistant. I've just watched a player literally stroll from one side of the pitch to the other and back again with the ball just outside my penalty box. The final match facts has the opponent team with over 60% possesion which has never ever happened before in FIFA 11.

My defenders are literally not trying to win tackles. They walk up to the opposing player and either back away or just stand there until the guy either dribbles round him or passes to someone else. And yet when we are on the attack, if I call for a pass the opposing defenders are blocking it before my teammate has even kicked it. I somehow get the ball, and I approach an opposing defender and he just stands still until I move in a certain direction and then he's instantly tackling me. I call for a bad pass away from their goals just so it's unexpected and the defender spins round and sticks his leg out as soon as the ball has left my teammates feet. It's fucking ridiculous.

I can't really dribble with skill moves and such, Dan and Ellis can attest to this but I can at least play the game with FIFA 11s shitty AI teammates. We can at least play football, but this year it just seems like only the opponents are actually allowed to play, your teammates either refuse to tackle or can't pass.

Oh, and this is only on professional difficulty. I played a match on world class, which I played on in FIFA 11, and I got beat 4-0 with only 37% possession. What the blue fuck is wrong here.

Yeah, i wrote this before, i picked the worst team on the german second league (1 1/2 stars) and prittymuch win every game. Everything evolves around me, since i am not defending we barly ever catch goals, and my team is only scorring wen i assist or shoot it myself. The game level dossent matter, upped from pro to worldclass and noticed no difference.

Only thing reaaaally pissing me off so far is having loads of shots every game, but their keeper saving everything. The amount of 1-on-1's I've had saved is bullshit. Advice?

I've started using less power and trying to use the chip shot more. So I'm scoring about 1 in every 5 times instead of 1 in every 10 times on 1 on 1s.

Has anyone unlocked the ''score 20 match goals trophy? I'm positive I've scored way more than that, but it hasn't unlocked for me. No trophy guide I've read says that it's bugged. Strange.

Yeah, I got that a while back. It might be career mode only though.

Does semi shooting really make a big difference? Need I do anything different when shooting after I switch it?

Nope, aim it like you normally would. Only difference is the aiming, well, makes a difference. On automatic, it essentially ignores you and shoots where it feels best. Which is never in the corner of the net. :angry: That said, I'm finding scoring much easier than on previous versions, it's just getting this God damned defensive system right that is bothering me.

Fantastic. I'm fed up of missing great chances because every shot is saved. I'm still enjoying the defending, I do get stung though and make mistakes and get punished for it - but its a challenge, as it should be.

Anyone done the EA Club Challenge? 88th minute. Losing 2 - 0. You start with a penalty then have to equalise. I won 2 - 3. It was frantic. Fun too. Like the idea of challenges.

Fantastic. I'm fed up of missing great chances because every shot is saved. I'm still enjoying the defending, I do get stung though and make mistakes and get punished for it - but its a challenge, as it should be.

Anyone done the EA Club Challenge? 88th minute. Losing 2 - 0. You start with a penalty then have to equalise. I won 2 - 3. It was frantic. Fun too. Like the idea of challenges.

Is that an online thing? They have the same in Madden and it's one of my favourite modes but it's online only this year (and maybe last year, I'm not sure) and I don't have Live. :crying:

Edited by Pepsi Twist