FIFA 12

Cymbols

I've managed to work the trading market over the last day or so. I had under a thousand coins yesterday morning, and now I have 30k - that's just from buying and selling the kits and badges of the bigger teams. My trade pile has another 15-20k worth in there too.

...I guess that'll help just as soon as the mode runs properly.

Nice team, I had a look at Premiership players but everyone's incredibly expensive :( How's IF Given? Have you used other GKs to compare him with? I've only had Abbiati and I've just bought De Sanctis so haven't really been able to judge whether the mistakes he's made are down to being shit or just the way GKs are in this game. Next buy will probably be one of Serie A's top GKs (Stekelenburg, Cesar and Buffon all at 85.)

I've got:

Forlan - Cavani

Robinho - Hamsik

De Rossi - Vidal

Balzaretti - Samuel - Chiellini - Cassani

De Sanctis

Bench: Frey, Mexes, Dias, Boateng, Zarate, Cisse, Klose

Tried Ultimate Team again this year and still find it entirely pointless, just can't get into it.

It's fun because you actually meet players who aren't playing with superstar teams, and you're rarely coming up against the same group of players twice.

What I do find pointless is spending real money on packs/players for it. I mean, if you want to have Messi in your team so badly, just go Barcelona in a different game mode.

• Like 1

It's not the playing the games that's the problem it's the whole system of the player cards, contract cards etc that just seems like too much effort for little reward.

I'm no tgoing to playing online anyway until I get some sort of control over defending. The CPU is hitting me for 4 and 5 on World Class right now.

The CPU is hitting me for 4 and 5 on World Class right now.

I'm still trying to get the hang of it with my nephew. We're playing on legendary because scoring goals isn't the problem - we manage to get plenty, it's just keeping the AI out at the other end. I swear sometimes they just keep you away from the ball until they create an easy goalscoring chance. It's like whenever you get within a certain distance, they'll pass and you can never get close.

We had our highest scoring game yesterday - fucking 5-5. We were 4-2 down at one point, scored twice to make it 4-4, then straight from the kick off, Mallorca went up the other end before we even touched the ball and went 5-4 up. A van Nistelrooy goal in the last minute gave us our first point of the season, but holy shit, it's difficult.

We CAN defend well sometimes - we kept Sevilla down to 2-0. They scored early, then we dominated the game without scoring a goal and in the last few minutes they scored from a goal kick, with both of our CB's missing the ball and the striker just ran onto it and finished it off.

Goalkeepers are fucking retarded sometimes too. They dive after the ball goes past them, no matter how weak the shot is.

EDIT:

From Romily Broad's twitter;

First post- 'So, for FUT: We're working 24/7 on two things. Made very solid progress on those over the weekend, and should be able to update soon.'

Second post- 'First one is failing to connect, period. Second one is disconnecting after games. Analysis has identified problem. FIx is now being built.'

I'm off this week and want to make some headway into the online trophies, so anyone who fancies playing on PS3, just add me - EwoodNo9

I'm already on your list. I won't be able to do it today as I'll be watching the PPV from last night, then on it with my nephew. But if you still need a hand tomorrow/the rest of the week, message me on PSN and I'll hop on with you.

EDIT: And Benj, I wouldn't spend too much on packs until you have loads spare. 9 times out of 10, the stuff you get in gold packs is worth about a fifth of what you paid.

With just buying packs your chemestry is likely to suck very larg amounts of unwashed penis.

That. In all the packs I've opened so far (5 or 6, all of them were for returning/special edition packs) I have yet to receive a player with the 4-4-2 formation, so that's no good to me.

• Admin

I'm off this week and want to make some headway into the online trophies, so anyone who fancies playing on PS3, just add me - EwoodNo9

I'm already on your list. I won't be able to do it today as I'll be watching the PPV from last night, then on it with my nephew. But if you still need a hand tomorrow/the rest of the week, message me on PSN and I'll hop on with you.

EDIT: And Benj, I wouldn't spend too much on packs until you have loads spare. 9 times out of 10, the stuff you get in gold packs is worth about a fifth of what you paid.

Excellent. Yeah, I've got to watch the PPV too, so rest of the week is cool.

I've managed to work the trading market over the last day or so. I had under a thousand coins yesterday morning, and now I have 30k - that's just from buying and selling the kits and badges of the bigger teams. My trade pile has another 15-20k worth in there too.

...I guess that'll help just as soon as the mode runs properly.

For which prices are you aiming? For example, i just bought a Liverpool Kid for 550 just to resell it. Now i offer it for 1000 starting bid and 1700 buy now... feels like a lot to much. >_>