The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

The replay of the Sturridge goal brings up a good point. Should it be disallowed for offside? Lampard is stood clearly off, infront of the goal, and has to duck out of the way of the shot.

Surely that's interfering. He's in the path of the shot and in front of the keeper and the goal.

I think they've tinkered with the offside rule too much.

Whilst I thought that, it was going to go in anyway. He also wasn't in the direct line of sight of the goalie, leaving him unsighted. So I'd say that was a goal.

The replay of the Sturridge goal brings up a good point. Should it be disallowed for offside? Lampard is stood clearly off, infront of the goal, and has to duck out of the way of the shot.

Surely that's interfering. He's in the path of the shot and in front of the keeper and the goal.

Whilst I thought that, it was going to go in anyway. He also wasn't in the direct line of sight of the goalie, leaving him unsighted. So I'd say that was a goal.

He was in direct line of the shot though. Hence him having to duck. Certainly blocking the keepers view of the shot.

He was in direct line of the shot though. Hence him having to duck. Certainly blocking the keepers view of the shot.

He was in the line of the shot, but he wouldn't have blocked the keepers view of the ball I don't think, due to how far to the side the goalie was. He had to cover a lot of ground, and got nowhere near it. However, that wasn't because he had his vision blocked.

It's all angles and shit though, so it is subjective. None of the QPR players seemed to make much of a deal about it, which was weirder.

TEAM NEWS

Harry makes four changes as Younes Kaboul, Danny Rose, Aaron Lennon and Emmanuel Adebayor all start. Scott Parker misses out. Ledley King is on the bench with Jermain Defoe and fit-again Louis Saha.

STARTING LINE-UP

Friedel; Walker, Gallas, Kaboul, Rose; Lennon, Modric, Sandro, Bale; Van der Vaart; Adebayor.

SUBS

Cudicini, King, Nelsen, Livermore, Giovani, Defoe, Saha.

Ugh no Parker. >_<