General Movie Thread

Jimmy

After years of hearing the about the legend that is -

I finally saw it this morning, needless to say out of all the "bad" movies from both this era, and eras after it I've seen, this come does indeed come close to taking the cake. For a film whos sole reason for being made is to be a piece of anti-drug propaganda, not including the extremely overly dramatic last act, it sure does make that marihuana look fun. Only in the 1930's would this ever have seen the light of day.

Oh my god.

Looks fantastic. Seven years was far too long to wait for a follow up to Children of Men.

Inside Lewlyn Davis also has a trailer. Looks kind of interesting, very understated, but it doesn't exactly have me dying to see it.

Oh definitely, I'm excited for any Coen Brothers film - but the trailer didn't exactly give me much to get even more excited about. Though I like that it seems really understated, and it's got a cracking little cast. To be fair, the trailer doesn't need to excite me, I'm gonna go see it regardless.

There seems to be a lot of complaining on the interwebs from the US about films coming out overseas first lately.

All I can really say is that FEEL MY PAIN, AMERICA! FEEL THE TWO DECADES OF WAITING THAT WE HAD TO SUFFER THROUGH!

But that's not how it's supposed to work! :angry:

I do find it odd that they specifically scheduled the Marvel stuff to avoid a bank holiday over there when holidays are usually the best time to release films here.

Hasn't like, every Marvel film released early over here? If not early, at least at the same time. It's kind of bizarre. At first I thought maybe it had something to do with a lot of the films being filmed over here lately, but I'm not so sure on that.

Yeah, I mean the gap between release dates is largely non-existent anymore anyways. However, I do remember them explaining that they released The Avengers over there a week early to avoid conflicts with the bank holiday and it lined up the same with Iron Man 3 this year.

The script sees (Paul) Walker play an undercover cop who is tasked with going into a tenement named Brick Mansions in order to disarm a neutron bomb that is ticking down.

RZA will play the formidable drug warlord in the community who is in possession of the bomb.

The movie is currently shooting in Montreal.

Brick Mansion. Probably the goodest of movies?

George Clooney is good at playing himself, charming middle aged guy. (Oceans Movies, Michael Clayton, Out of Sight, ER). But when he does movies when he tries to play a character, it's not all that great.

O Brother, Where Art Thou? begs to differ.

• Like 1