General Movie Thread

Jimmy

Just watched James Cameron's Aliens for the first time the other day, because it was one oclock in the morning and nothing else was on, and needless to say, it lived up to the hype. Ripley and Newt is the most touching mother/daughter relationship in the history of horror/sci-fi cinema, Lance Henriksen being Lance Henriksen, and all kinds of action fluff. Its a shame the other installments have the entertainment value of drying paint.

Three's not as bad as people remember. I can totally get hating it if you saw it in the cinema, but it's not all that bad in retrospect. The fact that it decides to say fuck Aliens in the first 10 minutes continues to suck, though.

I mean, it's not AVP Requiem or Alien Resurrection. Not high praise, but still.

I honestly think alot of my dislike for the Alien movies comes from the fact that my first exposure to the franchise was Resurrection, to be honest, what an awful movie. I saw three years ago, and the only thing I recall from it is that our heroes from Aliens are on a prison planet.

After watching Aliens though, I may check out Alien and three again, but now that I am older I can appreciate them, well, moreso part one then three.

Alien is awesome, another of my all time favorite films. I'd just rather watch a fun action flick than an hour and a half of people being worried and fifteen minutes of action.

Oh my god.

Fucking finally. It feels like forever since I first heard of the project so it's nice to finally see some footage of it. Not a huge Bullock fan but Cuaron is pretty great so that all evens out.

Why the hate on Clooney? :/ He's not the best actor ever or anything but I can't think of anything where he's been particularly awful or anything.

Plus, like I said, Alfonso Cuaron!

I guess I just don't see how indifference translates to killing interest. Maybe "wound", but kill? :P

I don't know, do you have people around you that sing his praises or something? Because I was under the impression that everybody pretty much thought that he could rise to the occasion at times but wasn't considered one of the best around or anything.

I could see Clooney being a victim of hype, but I happen to think he's very good in the roles he chooses. Especially the roles that lean in a comedic direction (O Brother, Men Who Stare Ar Goats, Descendants.) And he has a great dramatic flare to compliment that. He makes me interested in movies cause I've enjoyed most of the ones he's chosen.