General Movie Thread

Jimmy

Thirds his last film ever rumour has it.

Every time he goes back into the "View Askewniverse," it's always the "last" something. That's what "Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back" was supposed to be, the last time we would ever see those characters. Then "Clerks II" was the final chapter. Kevin Smith obviously uses Dante & Randal as a method to work out whatever he's going through professionally and emotionally, I just wish he could just make a Clerks movie without having to justify it as he's closing some huge chapter in his life. Randal Graves is just about my favorite single character in anything ever, so I will take the chance to see Jeff Anderson play him again, I just wish it didn't have to double as therapy for Kevin Smith.

Every Kevin Smith movie is his last movie ever.

Anyway. If he makes Clerks III, I'll go see it. I liked Clerks II a lot. I won't go in with the expectation that it'll be good, though, because I haven't really been super-fond of anything Smith's done in he last decade outside of Clerks II.

I liked Kevin Smith more when he explained his idea of making films - he was going to do three movies no one would think he would do, totally different from the Jersey Trilogy. He made a straight up studio film with Cop Out, followed up with a non-traditional thriller with Red State and was going to finish up with that.. hockey movie that I forget the name of and haven't heard anything about for a long while. Then again I kind of stopped following him anyways.

He DID state that he wasn't ruling out doing anything else however - it was wasn't going to be something that he shopped around, etc so I suppose this follows what he said... it's his baby so he won't have to shop it around anywheres.

Jurassic Park 4 is happening, people.

I loved Safety Not Guaranteed so I'm on board. It's interesting that a couple of months ago Trevorrow had let it slip that it was taking over a big franchise and at the time, everybody just kinda assumed he would have something to do with Star Wars since the timing fit but it's funny that it was actually this, apparently.

I loved Safety Not Guaranteed so I'm on board. It's interesting that a couple of months ago Trevorrow had let it slip that it was taking over a big franchise and at the time, everybody just kinda assumed he would have something to do with Star Wars since the timing fit but it's funny that it was actually this, apparently.

Be wonderful if we could know a single thing about it other than that it's happening, though.

After 2 and 3, I'm not sure if I want more Jeff Goldblum and Sam Neil or much, much less.

Be wonderful if we could know a single thing about it other than that it's happening, though.

I'm going to assume dinosaurs. I could be wrong though. :shifty:

So apparently there's rumor of a Chuck movie. Dunno how to feel about that. Loved the series, thought it ended pretty well. Does it really need a movie?

So apparently there's rumor of a Chuck movie. Dunno how to feel about that. Loved the series, thought it ended pretty well. Does it really need a movie?

That was inevitable after yesterday but there's been rumors of that since the show ended since the entire cast and writers are all "open" to the idea of doing more with it. While TKz is right, 5 seasons is a reasonably good run for a show, I think there's more that could be said in that world, especially given how they ended it. Would it be necessary? No but I would love it, that's for damn sure.