General Movie Thread

Jimmy

Who is going to the Hobbit tonight? YES ME! :rolleyes:

Well, screw you, I am not using that smiley because I am looking forward to seeing The Hobbit. As much as I don't like the moneygrab move to split it into three parts, I still vastly prefer The Hobbit to the Lord of the Rings.

You're forgetting the most important part guys....

GLaDOS.

Fuck you, you cum guzzling cuntrag. Charlie Day is the most important part.

Wait, is that the Charlie they were talking about on the last page?

Best movie ever.

• 3 weeks later...

Christopher Nolan, fresh off finishing his Dark Knight trilogy, might have lined up his next project. Nolan, who has developed an almost obsessive following over the past decade, is in talks to direct Interstellar. That’s a sci-fi script written by his brother Jonathan Nolanand based on the theories of theoretical physicist, gravitational physicist and astrophysicistKip Thorne. Steven Spielberg was once attached to this project, but now it seems like Nolan is in the driver’s seat. There’s more info below.

The Hollywood Reporter broke the news of Nolan’s next film, which was a huge question mark in the wake of his last three mega blockbusters: The Dark Knight, Inception and The Dark Knight Rises.

The story is about a group of scientists who travel through a worm hole, and it comes complete with alternate dimensions and time travel. Ain’t It Cool News‘ Mr. Beaks tweeted that Thorne’s book “Black Holes and Time Warps: Einstein’s Outrageous Legacy” was a good place to start learning about the film’s theories and themes.

Being as this was a project that Spielberg was originally going to do, the film has some interesting rights issues. Apparently it will be a co-production between Paramount and Warner Bros. There’s no word if the original director, who hatched the idea for the picture in 2006 before Nolan wrote it, will have any involvement.

But basically here’s the takeaway: it looks like Christopher Nolan’s next movie is going to be a huge sci-fi movie. And that’s damn exciting.

• 5 weeks later...

The Grand is an okay way to spend an hour and a half, yeah. The process itself is more interesting than the movie; it's an improv mockumentary where the final table is them actually playing for real whilst in-character.

Really fun cast, too. Werner Herzog of all people being in it is hilarious.

Apparently Hunger Games 3: Mockingjay is being split into two films? I'm actually okay with that. The book felt short and lacking much detail on a lot of things, so I'm okay with them stretching out it. It felt like it should have been a lot longer.

I just hope the entire first film isn't Katniss doing the whole training thing.

The Grand is an okay way to spend an hour and a half, yeah. The process itself is more interesting than the movie; it's an improv mockumentary where the final table is them actually playing for real whilst in-character.

Really fun cast, too. Werner Herzog of all people being in it is hilarious.

So I watched The Grand and it was pretty good. Ray Romano was brilliant, definite star of the show. Anyone know any other show?

Also, what the hell is this The Spring Breakers or something like that and why is James Franco in it? It looks terrible.