General Movie Thread

Jimmy

They mentioned periodic TV movies shortly after the show ended and I would definitely prefer that to just a random feature film though.

We don't do this often in America, do we? I know a few British shows at least do it, but I don't watch enough actual on-TV TV to know what American broadcast patterns are like.

I'm assuming you mean Hunted because that is the current plan for that show to continue. NBC was looking into when they canceled Heroes as well but that never led to anything.

Apparently, Matthew Weiner is saying that the upcoming premiere of Mad Men can act as a mini-movie for the show (sorta like last season's but more to the point, supposedly) but we'll have to see.

I hope not. I'm so over Dinosaurs. More zombies, I say.

Just don't say space because then they'll never get Kirkland to see it.

I just saw this, but it got me thinking how traumatized Kirkland must be every time they play promo videos of The Call on RAW.

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't their most-maligned and least critically successful movie ever a sequel?

Yeah I feel like Toy Story 3 (and maybe 2) is the only real shining example of Pixar doing a great sequel. Otherwise, it's Cars 2 and the yet-to-be-released stuff.

Man, the new trailer for The Conjuring is awful. They did so well with the previous one, to show so little of the actual ghost. It actually had me interested. But then they release this new trailer and it's pretty much just 2 minutes of HEY THERE'S A GHOST HERE OH NO DON'T TURN AROUND SHE'S LOOKING AT YOU SHIT RUN!

• Like 1

the remake of Carrie...truer to the book then the first movie, and being labelled as the version Stephen King always wanted made

• Like 1

Watched Amazing Spider-Man last night. It severely missed the mark on the humour to drama ratio that I like in a Spidey film, and was really lacking in witty quips from Spidey. Garfield and the CGI were the two highlights of it, which is funny because going into it, I thought both of those were the weakest things judging by the trailers.

The lack of a lot of Spidey's ensemble cast was ridiculous too - not even poor old Aunt May got a look in, and she was in the film, unlike a lot of the cast they missed.

Not a bad film by any stretch, it was a decent popcorn movie with popcorn movie logic and plotholes, but it's not my ideal Spidey movie by any stretch of the imagination.