General Movie Thread

Jimmy

It got a ton of mixed reviews, which has held me off it thus far, but man, I'm really hoping it's one of those films that I watch and I'm like "What? There was nothing wrong with this film!"

Sadly, it'll be a while yet, as I'll have to watch it myself because Mrs. TKz can't stand Shia LeBouf.

Oh I think you'll definitely enjoy it if you enjoy gangster films. The plot isn't exactly groundbreaking and I assume that's where the negative reviews come from but it's tremendously acted, the cinematography is beautiful and even if it's a story you feel like you've heard/seen before, is still pretty gripping.

You should totally force her to watch it though because it may change her opinion of him. Seriously, I've said it before: he's a decent actor when he's away from Michael Bay (and Oliver Stone).

It has certainly been a fantastic film year. Dark Knight Rises is gonna probably stay in my top 3 due to my extreme bias, but there are certain movies I've wanted to see that I haven't been able to yet. I cannot wait for Killing Them Softly, and after seeing the trailer that played before Skyfall, I've never been MORE excited for Django Unchained.

I'm not sure if Django Unchained can count in top 10 list for me because it doesn't come out here until January. But I need to see that, Seven Psychopaths and The Hobbit before I put together my top 10. Would've also liked to have seen Holy Motors because I feel it was something I would've liked a lot. But yeah, I think it's been a strong year for film and I very strong year for great blockbusters (Avengers, TDKR, Skyfall).

I go to the cinema like twice a year and TDK Rises was one of those movies, so it might just make my top 10. :P Then again, I've come to the conclusion that I have a much different look on movies/tv shows than you guys, where you guys are very critical, where as I'm just easily entertained and that's all I care about.

I'm not sure if Django Unchained can count in top 10 list for me because it doesn't come out here until January.

Yes, you can, because it will have had widespread release in its country of origin in 2012. And I generally don't start Favorite Movie until February.

• 3 weeks later...

Also, Man of Steel poster!

Man-of-Steel-poster2.jpg

I'm pretty sure the entire reason for this poster is to troll the internet.

"WHAT ARE THEY, KRYPTONIAN HANDCUFFS?!"

Speaking of Man of Steel, I really hope they nerf the hell out of Superman if this is really leading to a JLA film. I have absolutely no reason to believe you'd need anyone else to help fight Darkseid (who's the villain apparently) when they all completely pale in comparison to Superman and his being completely unstoppable.

God damn you Livid! I was literally just about to post that!

So fucking pumped. That looks amazing. The best part is: the idiots who liked Transformers will go and see it, so it'll possibly be both a great film AND a hit! Trailer needed less robots and more Hunnam, Day and Elba though. Hopefully we get a character trailer or something.

Fuck that's so cool though. It's like Hollywood made a Mech anime into a film.

God damn you Livid! I was literally just about to post that!

So fucking pumped. That looks amazing. The best part is: the idiots who liked Transformers will go and see it, so it'll possibly be both a great film AND a hit! Trailer needed less robots and more Hunnam, Day and Elba though. Hopefully we get a character trailer or something.

Fuck that's so cool though. It's like Hollywood made a Mech anime into a film.

I had a feeling you might've been so I made sure to be extra quick and get it up before you!

Yeah man, I've been excited for this since it was announced. I remember playing MechWarrior when I was a kid and loved it so nostalgia! Plus, it's Guillermo fucking del Toro! I do agree though, would've been nice to see some of the actual characters a bit more (I don't recall seeing Charlie once) but we'll get that with more time.

I'm guessing he's probably a smaller part, hopefully not really small though. I can definitely see him as some unhinged mechanic of these giant monsters. Maybe even as the creator or something, that'd be fantastic. God damn. I can't wait. Is there a release date anywhere? I seem to recall it being like 2014, but that could be completely made up.

Also a starring role for Hunnam and Elba in a major role is so so great.

I'm not sure but I believe Charlie also has a major role because he was one of the first cast members announced. Mechanic would be funny but I also think having him as one of the pilots would be hilarious too.

And release is in July.