General Movie Thread

Jimmy

And they probably haven't spent a dime on promotion because the combined fevered masturbation of the internet over the likes of Selena Gomez and Vanessa Hudgens in bikinis has done that for them. :shifty:

Man I know I'm probably the only one, but I'm super excited for Riddick. Worst case scenario it's Pitch Black again but dumbed and with better CGI, which I'm totally on board for. Something about goofy action in any setting other than modern that I love. I really want to see Hansel and Gretel, for example. If it's even half as bad as Van Helsing, it'll be magnificent.

Man I know I'm probably the only one, but I'm super excited for Riddick. Worst case scenario it's Pitch Black again but dumbed and with better CGI, which I'm totally on board for. Something about goofy action in any setting other than modern that I love. I really want to see Hansel and Gretel, for example. If it's even half as bad as Van Helsing, it'll be magnificent.

Wait there's a new Riddick movie?

Not only is there a new Riddick movie coming out, my friend, but....its going to have Dave Batista, Katee Sackhoff, and Karl Urban in it.

Not only is there a new Riddick movie coming out, my friend, but....its going to have Dave Batista, Katee Sackhoff, and Karl Urban in it.

That sounds amazing.

OMG, TKz, Hansel and Gretel is so amazingly bad, I watched it twice, and it was even worse the second time. Definitely great time in the cinema.

So I just found out about Revenant with David Anders as the lead in a comedy/zombie movie and that it had good reviews. They had me at David Anders. The DVD is going for around $10 online so I decided to check Red Box. I placed a reservation online and then went to pick it up (note: the closest machine which is near the end of my street didn't have it so I had to go two miles away). When I got there, it turned out the machine was out of service. Here is the transcript of my customer support experience.

chat_agent.png Red Box: Hi my name is ...., please give me one moment while I review your question.
chat_agent.png RB: Thank you for holding for me. I’m sorry to hear you are having trouble with your reservation and would be happy to help you today.
chat_agent.png RB: I understand how you not being about to get your reservation can be a pain, thank you so much for contacting us and for your patience.
chat_agent.png RB: What is wrong with the box?
chat_enduser_message.png LNK: The message on the the screen said it was out of service.
chat_enduser_message.png LNK: I'm not a Red Box expert
chat_agent.png RB: I am sorry about that. I've issued you a refund for $2.54. Please allow 5-7 business days for the credit to show up in your account.
chat_agent.png RB: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
chat_enduser_message.png LNK: I used a coupon on the order. Will I get that back?
chat_agent.png RB: No I am sorry you will not. Thank you for chatting with us at Redbox. Have a great day!
chat_alert.png RB has disconnected.

They disconnected instantaneously when I got their last message. It would also been nice to know if I could tell if I would come across an out of service machine again :bang:

Just got through the remake of Total Recall and for some reason i enjoyed it. I went in with low expectations (as no remake can top the original film if Arnie was in it originally) but i thought, despite the lack of humour and mediocre ending, it was a pretty good film.

Gary Oldman to fight those damn dirty apes.

Great news because more Gary Oldman is never a bad thing. This is shaping up to a pretty interesting sequel too. The first one was surprisingly good and even though they changed directors, adding Oldman (and Jason Clarke a couple of days ago) is definitely promising.