General Movie Thread

Jimmy

Christopher Nolan + Bond? Perhaps.

While I love Nolan, I'm not really sure if his version of it would differ all that much from what Mendes just accomplished. I would love to be given the chance to be proven wrong, though.

Without investing time in watching 1 through 5, I'll never know how this series evolved from illegal street racing to illegal street racing that somehow combats international terrorists with massive tanks.

• Like 1

I hope it ends up at some point (Fast and Furious 27) that the gearhead crew have to infiltrate North Korea's fortifications in order to win World War III.

Kim Jong Un: Launch the nuke!

Vin Diesel: Nah, bro. Not today.

*Paul Walker drifts THROUGH THE FORTIFIED WALLS OF THE SILO and takes out the henchman that is about to press the button.*

Kim Jong Un: NOOOOOOOOOOOO! *falls to his knees, farts*

Vin Diesel: Awwww shit. That's some premium gas I'm smellin'.

*Ludacris prat fall*

• Like 3

There's nothing inherently wrong with the Fast franchise. It's just that it mostly appeals to the lowest common denominator. I have no problem watching them when I'm in the mood for mindless action and brodude racers.

Oh I know and I think I've made it clear that I enjoy mindless action movies and am fairly lenient with them. That said, Fast Five was pretty good overall, not just for a Fast film.

The Purge seems interesting but I would prefer it as a book.

I hope it ends up at some point (Fast and Furious 27) that the gearhead crew have to infiltrate North Korea's fortifications in order to win World War III.

Kim Jong Un: Launch the nuke!

Vin Diesel: Nah, bro. Not today.

*Paul Walker drifts THROUGH THE FORTIFIED WALLS OF THE SILO and takes out the henchman that is about to press the button.*

Kim Jong Un: NOOOOOOOOOOOO! *falls to his knees, farts*

Vin Diesel: Awwww shit. That's some premium gas I'm smellin'.

*Ludacris prat fall*

Fast 28 would then involve The Rock discovering that Kim Jong-Il faked his death and recruiting him to help catch his son.

...and Un then joins the "good guys" in Fast 29