General Movie Thread

Jimmy

I might end up going to that. Maybe next weekend. I've been to the movies twice this week so I can do with a break from smuggling Five Guys into the theater.

That's gotta be a big coat to get five guys in there undetected, but hey, six for the price of one.
  • Like 1

I rather enjoyed the croods. Beat out my expectations, which is something I think is a positive.

And star trek was great and superman was decent.

Since last year gave me cloud atlas and bane losing to an off camera cannon, I can say at least its not... cloud atlas. CHRIST,

I think it's been quite poor overall, but In The House, Iron Man 3, Man of Steel, Star Trek, Gimme The Loot, Stoker, Side Effects and a few others have been pretty good. A Hijacking's been my favourite of the year so far - that was phenomenal in my opinion.

• Like 1

Oh also, The Act of Killing is right up there with A Hijacking. I don't know if it's got a cinema release yet - we got to see it cos our tutor was an executive producer on it. But it's jaw-dropping good and so shocking, one of the best documentaries I've seen.

Wow, just reading the Wiki of Monsters University, Disney projected it to get $70 million on its opening weekend, and the Thursday night shows apparently generated $2.6 million. Is that normal, or is that a really low figure? I want this movie to do well :(

Wow, just reading the Wiki of Monsters University, Disney projected it to get $70 million on its opening weekend, and the Thursday night shows apparently generated $2.6 million. Is that normal, or is that a really low figure? I want this movie to do well :(

Its target demographic is very much not the type that are going to go see midnight screenings.

• Like 1

World War Z anyone?

Otherwise known as

Brad Pitt's Zombie Adventures...

I'm incredibly disappointed that the book was even remotely related to this. They had all that fresh material and they simply refused to use anything of note, just passing references like The Wall in Israel and Patient Zero while everything else was just movie-made. (No Yonkers, No Great Panic) And the worse part is they resolved everything in like a week, when in the book, the war lasts ten years. If this was just a regular zombie movie not named World War Z, it would pass. I would give it a chance but because they basically shit on everything that made the book what it was... I can't.

What did you guys think?

I'm gonna be honest here. Though, I didn't find it terrible, I probably won't be seeing the other movies in the theaters unless I can go for free like I did this time. The whole movie felt very disjointed and incomplete and I really didn't like that at all. I get that it's trying to set up a trilogy, but it is not okay to make me pay for 3/4 of a movie just because you want to set up two more after it. A movie should work stand-alone even as part of a series.

• Like 1