General Movie Thread

Jimmy

Re-watched Jack Reacher and, despite the flaw of the tall, blonde haired Reacher being replaced by a 5ft 6inch Tom Cruise, it was actually decent movie.

I used to hate Cruise but lately i have come round to the guy a bit

• Like 1

I've defended the Paranormal Activity films regularly, but I swear that if 4 is just a fucking generic teen horror film with a handcam, I'm joining the crowd against it.

It's pretty fucking generic. You won't miss anything by skipping it and I'd suggest you do, it'll just sour you on the franchise. It doesn't help that it's trying to follow arguably the best one yet.

I'm a sucker for Tom Cruise. But I'd be all for him doing more stuff like Magnolia and less Knight & Day stuff.

It also baffles me that the same Adam Sandler can make Jack & Jill and also be in Punch Drunk Love, which is one of my favourite films of all time. Actors are weird.

I wasn't saying he was bad in it, I was saying I wish he made the choice to do more stuff like Magnolia. I think Cruise is incredibly likeable - I'd just love to see him challenge himself a bit more with roles like that because the result was fantastic.

I'm a sucker for Tom Cruise. But I'd be all for him doing more stuff like Magnolia and less Knight & Day stuff.

It also baffles me that the same Adam Sandler can make Jack & Jill and also be in Punch Drunk Love, which is one of my favourite films of all time. Actors are weird.

The key with Sandler is that he's honestly not a bad actor, he's just an awful writer lately. Which is a shame, because a lot of his earlier films were great fun.

It's all in the hips.

On an unrelated note, this made me chuckle:

ULGmy5b.gif

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Holy shit.

Terminator

Avengers 2

Jurassic Park

Assassins Creed

Independence Day 2

Pirates 5