General Movie Thread

Jimmy

Or just get a Cineworld Unlimited card. :shifty:

Yes, I do work for them.

The Unlimited card is by far my greatest investment. It is a shame I'll have to get rid of it soon with me moving back to Newcastle and all. :(

Probably wanna spoil that. I remember enjoying Zero Dark Thirty a lot more than I thought I would, because I remember not liking The Hurt Locker very much. But I saw that when I was 15 and I don't think I knew what kind of film I was going to see. But yeah, very well acted and made, extremely engaging, and hands down has my favourite 'what the fuck' cameo in with John Barrowman randomly popping up for two minutes.

I just saw Fast 6. Good popcorn flick but it should say something about your franchise when I've seen one of five movies and can jump in at the 6th and really not miss a beat. But good lord, Vin Diesel makes The Rock look like Daniel Day-Lewis.

I thought you meant in physique for a second, was so confused.

I don't know if this one is poted here yet already but:

I am excited for this one.

Yeah we talked about it when it first hit. I'm a big JGL fan so I can't wait.

In other news, the first trailer for 12 Years a Slave came out today.

The competition for the SAG award for Best Ensemble this year is gonna be tough as hell.

Yeah, that's definitely up their with my most anticipated films, with Steve McQueen's current track record; I think Hunger, especially, is a fucking fantastic. incredible cast, that. I'm hoping we get Paul Dano back on There Will Be Blood form.

I took the wife to see Grown Ups 2 today. It was just a good, old-fashioned Adam Sandler comedy with a bunch of physical humor and a few winks and nods to the audiences. Plus, as somebody who crew up on the early 90s SNL cast, it was cool seeing all those people on screen again.

Yeah, that's definitely up their with my most anticipated films, with Steve McQueen's current track record; I think Hunger, especially, is a fucking fantastic. incredible cast, that. I'm hoping we get Paul Dano back on There Will Be Blood form.

Yeah. Hunger was good. Too bad Shame was pretty god damn awful. Other than Fassbender's performance, that movie was pretty bad.

Hopefully 12 Years a Slave will be better. It certainly looks better by the trailer.

Yeah. Hunger was good. Too bad Shame was pretty god damn awful. Other than Fassbender's performance, that movie was pretty bad.

Hopefully 12 Years a Slave will be better. It certainly looks better by the trailer.

You think? I really, really liked Shame - but I watched it a day after I watched Hunger and Hunger definitely overshadowed it. But, then again, I thought Hunger was incredible, like one of my favourite films in the last 5 years or so.

Mulligan was also excellent in Shame, as was the direction & cinematography. What didn't you like about it?