General Movie Thread

Jimmy

Apparently Netflix is aiming to increase the cost of streaming services for new subscribers by $1-2 in the upcoming months. Seems that the price will remain unchanged for current subscribers, though. I'm not too fussed about it, though predictably people elsewhere on the internet are throwing a huge shitfit over it.

EDIT:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markrogowsky/2014/04/21/netflix-price-increase-is-there-a-billion-hidden-in-those-couch-cushions/

Netflix announced plans to raise prices by $1-2 per month, initially for new customers but eventually for everyone, “to acquire more content and deliver an even better streaming experience.” With the company set to surpass 50 million streaming subscribers by the second half of 2014, the price increase could add between $600 million and $1.2 billion to the company’s revenues within the next two years. And if all goes according to plan, Netflix can potentially experience the opposite effect it did when it last tried to raise prices in 2011.

I didn't realize it was $1-2 per month. Huh. Wonder how that'll work? Will there be an upper-limit cap? Or if you kept your membership going for a year, would you eventually be paying $25+ per month?

EDIT AGAIN: Maybe I should read full articles:

While that might slow the influx of new subscribers, it’s important to note that psychologically, the cost will remain below the important $10 threshold in the U.S. even if a full $2 increase is seen here. In Europe, no one will see higher than €9.99 either.

Apparently Netflix is aiming to increase the cost of streaming services for new subscribers by $1-2 in the upcoming months. Seems that the price will remain unchanged for current subscribers, though. I'm not too fussed about it, though predictably people elsewhere on the internet are throwing a huge shitfit over it.

Well duh, it's the internet; that goes without saying.

Also it's not that surprising considering the fee they're paying Comcast so that they don't throttle service.

• Like 1

It's like £6 over here, are people really going to notice that extra £1-2? :P

If that's a deal breaker for you, I think you need to seriously consider if you actually have enough income for it in the first place.

• Like 1

I watched PA:The Marked Ones. I love these movies but man

That scene with Arturo blowing away Witches with his shotgun is going to be the thing that sticks with me forever. A witch! BAM! Another witch! BAM! First time I've laughed during one of these.

I did like the inclusion of BEKs in the movie, though that might've started in the previous one. I also liked that it seemed like the normal people were getting somewhere when they caught on and we're trying to drive out the demon. Seems old Mexican Catholicism is the way to go to fight a demon! Quite a ways away from the first one where the Psychic comes in, panics then hauls ass out the door.

It's a movie where both the original trilogy and the reboot clash. The one you'd probably NEED to see is X-Men: First Class and maybe X-Men 3. If you really wanna go all out for movies that will be linked to it, then you'd probably have to get the first trilogy (X-Men, X-Men 2: United, X-Men 3) and First Class.

Basically The Wolverine movies don't have much to do with the current storyline.

It's a movie where both the original trilogy and the reboot clash. The one you'd probably NEED to see is X-Men: First Class and maybe X-Men 3. If you really wanna go all out for movies that will be linked to it, then you'd probably have to get the first trilogy (X-Men, X-Men 2: United, X-Men 3) and First Class.

Basically The Wolverine movies don't have much to do with the current storyline.

From what I've read, most of the main X-Men cast aren't signed to do any more movies after this. Hugh Jackman said this might be the last time he plays Wolverine. The whole plot is kinda a way to "soft reboot" the series, to get different actors to play the characters

I'm watching Lincoln right now on Shwotime and I'm beginning to think it got shortchanged at the Oscars. Tommy Lee Jones was so good, I still think he got robbed of the Best Supporting Actor Oscar.

Na, Hoffman was robbed. He was breath-takingly good in The Master, and he was beaten by Waltz doing something he'd already done before.

From what I've read, most of the main X-Men cast aren't signed to do any more movies after this. Hugh Jackman said this might be the last time he plays Wolverine. The whole plot is kinda a way to "soft reboot" the series, to get different actors to play the characters

Actually, it's the next standalone Wolverine movie that he said will likely be his last, not this one. But you are correct, going forward, the principle cast will be from First Class.

Also, I would say The Wolverine should be included in what to watch before DoFP since the ending leads right into the beginning of the DoFP plot.