General Movie Thread

Jimmy

Not so much, X-Men and X2 are still canon, as is First Class. So really just skip Last Stand and Origins: Wolverine, as should be done with any X-Men rewatch.

What about The Wolverine?

It's alright! It's a good enough X-Men movie. Last twenty minutes or so is a bit of a let down, but everything else is fun enough. It's not going to change anyones mind about the franchise, but it does what it does well enough. I just wouldn't bother including it in a re-watch unless you're watching every single film or didn't see it the first time. I'm a huge comic book film nerd and I've not yet had a desire to rewatch it. For comparison, I've already pre-ordered a bluray of Cap 2. >_>

• Like 1

So I've decided to watch all 20 of the Studio Ghibli films released so far. Just rewatched Castle in the Sky, forgot how wonderful it was. I don't think I'll be following it in the order of their releases though (and plus I've already skipped over Nausicaä), so any suggestions on which one I should watch next? It doesn't really matter as I'll be watching them all, but I guess tackling the favorite ones first would be cool. I've already decided on watching my two favorite next, so just deciding what to watch after that.

Castle in the Sky is amazing, by the way, highly recommend it if you've never seen it.

• Like 1

I just asked around yesterday to borrow some Studio Ghibli DVD's because I haven't actually seen any. I want to write a film this summer in the vein of either Pixar, and from what I understand, Studio Ghibli, so now seems like as good a time as any.

• Like 1

Maleficent, yes/no/maybe? My friends want to go out and see it tomorrow night. So far it's got a 50% rating on RottenTomatoes and the reviews I've read of it (admittedly, only two) weren't too high on it. I'm open to hearing what everyone else has to say about it though, so fire away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnalZzJ-XS4

These guys are on fire so I was in already but damn this looks like fun.

Only seen This Is The End so far from these guys but yeah, this looks like it's a good comedy.