General Movie Thread

Jimmy

Everyone I know that's seen T4 has just torn it apart as a giant waste of time and money. One guy thought it was an amazing blockbuster, but he's that guy that likes shit and hates good stuff.

22 Jump Street was unreal. I actually liked it better than the first.

You know what's an actual amazing blockbuster? Dawn of the Planet of the motherfuckin' Apes. Seriously, guys, it's good shit. Go watch it.

I loved everything except...

Koba basically being the ape Tony Montana, riding a horse, firing two AK-47s in no particular direction. In fact, the whole ape attack on the colony had me rolling my eyes. But other than that, it was great. Serkis gave a great performance.

You know what's an actual amazing blockbuster? Dawn of the Planet of the motherfuckin' Apes. Seriously, guys, it's good shit. Go watch it.

I loved everything except...

Koba basically being the ape Tony Montana, riding a horse, firing two AK-47s in no particular direction. In fact, the whole ape attack on the colony had me rolling my eyes. But other than that, it was great. Serkis gave a great performance.

Dude, it's Planet of the Apes. You kind of have to suspend your disbelief a bit

:P

In fact, what had me rolling my eyes was

the sudden scene where I'm supposed to give a damn about what the lady's daughter's name was. Who cares, goddamnit, no cares about the boring, one-dimensional humans.

• 2 weeks later...

Well that was just awful. 2 hours wasted

To be fair, that's the kind of film I think I knew you wouldn't like. I definitely didn't love it like some of my friends did, but it really stayed with me, and I loved how it created an atmosphere that kind of attacks all of your senses. But it's definitely not for everyone.

Well that was just awful. 2 hours wasted

To be fair, that's the kind of film I think I knew you wouldn't like. I definitely didn't love it like some of my friends did, but it really stayed with me, and I loved how it created an atmosphere that kind of attacks all of your senses. But it's definitely not for everyone.

Someone needs to alert me about these films I probably wouldn't like. You guys are usually right. All I knew was "Scarlett Johansen as Alien that lures dudes back to her lair and kills them or something" This sounded really interesting. What if one gets away I thought? What would happen next? Would more Aliens come I thought.

None of that ever mattered :(

Conan's scene from the upcoming Sharktopus vs Pteracuda!

• Like 2

My dad and I did a movie double-feature today where we watched Edge of Tomorrow and then watched Lucy. It was kind of brilliant, they complimented each other very well.

Saw Boyhood last night - very good film. Very long though (2hrs 45ish).