General Movie Thread

Jimmy

There's a lot out right now: Edge of Tomorrow, 22 Jump Street, Dragon 2, and though it's only getting a limited release and might not be in your city, Snowpiercer is being hailed as the best sci-fi movie in over a decade.

Really? I've seen really mixed things about Snowpiercer, including a couple of friends who thought it was really bad.

Where have you been looking? It's at 88% on Rotten Tomatoes. I mean, not the be all/end all but it does give you insight as to how it's being received.

I have heard that it's not for everybody though because the director's sensibilities aren't what people are used to.

• Like 1

Like most of his stuff these days, I would imagine your enjoyment of Non-Stop depends entirely on your enjoyment of Liam Neeson playing Liam Neeson as a badass.

Edited by livid

Really? I've seen really mixed things about Snowpiercer, including a couple of friends who thought it was really bad.

Where have you been looking? It's at 88% on Rotten Tomatoes. I mean, not the be all/end all but it does give you insight as to how it's being received.

I have heard that it's not for everybody though because the director's sensibilities aren't what people are used to.

Rotten Tomatoes in being completely wrong shocker?

What? RT can't be right or wrong, it's just something that shows you how well a film is being received. Anecdotal evidence from a couple of Jimmy's friends doesn't negate the service, it just means that they wouldn't agree with the 88% of people that thought it was good.

• Like 1

What? RT can't be right or wrong, it's just something that shows you how well a film is being received. Anecdotal evidence from a couple of Jimmy's friends doesn't negate the service, it just means that they wouldn't agree with the 88% of people that thought it was good.

Okay, "the sites that RT collect their reviews from in being wrong shocker"

I find myself disagreeing with RT's collected reviews more often than not.

Guillermo del Toro has confirmed Pacific Rim 2 for April 2017 with an animated series to go along with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HndBiSyOrK4

Edited by livid
  • Like 1