General Movie Thread

Jimmy

Maleficent, yes/no/maybe? My friends want to go out and see it tomorrow night. So far it's got a 50% rating on RottenTomatoes and the reviews I've read of it (admittedly, only two) weren't too high on it. I'm open to hearing what everyone else has to say about it though, so fire away.

Saw Maleficent on Monday and it was awful. I was expecting good things from it but the plot was nonsensical and it was just a poor movie.

Edited by TCO
  • Like 1

I so want to see this

• Like 1

So Edge of Tomorrow was a pretty nice movie and extremely good by recent Tom Cruise standards. Hell, it's Oscar-worthy compared to that joke Oblivion. I wasn't going to seek it out but I got free passes to it so I figured why not. Glad I did. Planning on seeing Jersey Boys/22 Jump Street next weekend.

22 Jump Street was fucking amazing - even better than the first by my call, and that's saying a whole hell of a lot. I don't think Lord/Miller could ever do anything construed as wrong in my mind.

The whole idea of a meta sequel worked pretty flawlessly. It was a tremendous effort on their part.

• Like 1

22 Jump Street was fucking amazing - even better than the first by my call, and that's saying a whole hell of a lot. I don't think Lord/Miller could ever do anything construed as wrong in my mind.

The whole idea of a meta sequel worked pretty flawlessly. It was a tremendous effort on their part.

It really was.

Never heard a cinema (or myself) laugh as loud as the scene where

Jenko realizes Schmidt banged Dickson's daughter.

• Like 2

It really was.

Never heard a cinema (or myself) laugh as loud as the scene where

Jenko realizes Schmidt banged Dickson's daughter.

That scene, and the post credit scene, were both incredible. I liked the film, but definitely felt it got dragged down a little in the middle, but otherwise it was great fun.

First trailer for The Drop, James Gandolfini's last film ( :().

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lCiDIcqMe0

Well it's right up my alley (and written by my favorite author) so I can't wait.

Another trailer for this dropped (heh) yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGkZq8ZOgO4

Words cannot describe how much I'm looking forward to this.

Saw 22 Jump Street and Jersey Boys today. Jump Street was good but I didn't find myself laughing as much as I did in the original. Still a very clever and enjoyable movie, though. Loved Jersey Boys. I was a little apprehensive given the mixed reviews but it was a lot of fun. Then again I've never seen the musical so I maybe those who are disappointed with it were expecting more of that. Crowd gave it applause after, which is pretty rare. I was easily the youngest person in the theater by about 30 years though. :shifty:

Eli Wallach died. :( He was Tuco - the "ugly" - in The Good, The Bad & The Ugly, and Calvera in the 1960 film The Magnificent Seven. Great actor, lived to the ripe old age of 98, but it still sucks.

"You came back ... to a place like this — why? A man like you — why?"

Eli Wallach died. :( He was Tuco - the "ugly" - in The Good, The Bad & The Ugly, and Calvera in the 1960 film The Magnificent Seven. Great actor, lived to the ripe old age of 98, but it still sucks.

"You came back ... to a place like this — why? A man like you — why?"

Oh that sucks. The Good, The Bad & The Ugly is my favourite film. What an age to make it to though.

• Like 1