General Movie Thread

Jimmy

I actually thought Transformers 4 was better than the last couple. Still shit but at least bays version of the dinobots was a microfraction less shitty than bays version of devastator, which had left me scarred to this very day :(

Also, personal reactions aside, what have people heard about T4 and 22 jump street just from people they know and reactions from randoms in the cinema at the time? T4 got applauded from a section of Its audience post movie and I can't recall that ever happening when I've watched a movie down here. 22 jump street didn't get that post movie ovation that people gave T4 but people laughed a lot and there was a lot more people that came to see jump street as opposed to the small audience that came to see T4. (both movies had been out for only 4 days when I saw them) 22 jump street was fucking fantastic by the way.

To be fair it was probably only a 3rd of what was a pitiful sized audience to begin with, especially seeing as it was a weekend and it had only come out on the Thursday before. Still got rare applause post movie though, which much better movies never got.

The last time there was a standing applause when I went was Winter Soldier and the LEGO Movie. Both excellent choices to stand and applaud.

One that isn't an excellent choice though was the Coldplay concert DVD which I went to because all my friends went. They sang along to the songs.

The last time there was a standing applause when I went was Winter Soldier and the LEGO Movie. Both excellent choices to stand and applaud.

I went to see LEGO Movie with my friends and they were bored to tears. Soulless fucks.

My best mate said that the LEGO Movie "wasn't very interesting. I don't get the whole hype about it." I then asked him what his favourite movie of the year so far was and he was like "HAVE YOU SEEN HOW TO TRAIN A DRAGON 2?!" I mean, it's a fun sequel, but the first one was miles better.

I honestly don't know how you can not be entertained by the LEGO Movie. It's not exactly some artsy film thing.

Though I guess there are people out there saying that about me and Transformers :P

I liked it, and I can't understand how they were bored with it. If anything, my one gripe was that the pacing was actually too fast. Then again, in the context of the story, it makes sense that it would be fast.

Yanno, being created by a child and stuff.

One last thing on Transformers.

I've told you guys before how nobody seems to stick around for post credit scenes down here. Closest was X-Men DOFP, where everyone stayed until the first bit of credits finished and then left when they saw nothing and only me and 2 other people stayed and saw the bit at the end. Every other movie I've seen, I've been the only one who stays until the end(including movies like Cap 2).

Transformers 4. First time virtually every single person that watched it also stayed with me until the end of the credits and they got nothing to show for it. I don't know why but it amused the hell out of me.

Richard Linklater's Boyhood is getting some pretty rave reviews. I'm excited.

Here's a review from Grierson & Leitch.

So excited for this film, especially know all the reviews are coming in. I didn't realise it has basically been shot over the last 10 years. Linklater can be hit and miss for me (not so into Slacker or Waking Life), but the whole Sunrise Trilogy is absolutely outstanding, and they're saying this is even better.

How did I miss a post about Richard Linklater? I'm pretty sure it's obvious how much I love the Before... Trilogy, and Dazed and Confused is one of the best coming-of-age films I've ever seen. His filmography is outstanding, IMO, and Boyhood is one of my must-see this year (it's like right behind Guardians of the Galaxy and Winter Soldier). I can't wait for it to come out, even if I have to once again wait for the blu-ray so I can watch it because they'll never show it here :(

You know no one has heard of any of the Before... movies here, besides my brother? No wonder my friends all think The Notebook is the epitome of romance movies :crying: