General Movie Thread

Jimmy

The problem I have with that is that I can't see how they can bring him back without it just being a re-hash of this one.

To follow on about The Lego Movie...

I didn't like the live action in the last ten minutes, felt like after 80 something minutes of just being a fun movie they shoehorned in a sales plug and it felt saccharine and sappy. But I'll let it have that for the sheer joy of the "OH NO! They were ready for that!" gag.

My gripe with that scene isn't that it's trying to sell you toys (I don't actually see that) but it sure as hell is making it painfully obvious what the theme and subtext of the movie is. And I get why (making sure the message is received by the kids watching) but at the same time, it just took me completely out of the movie.

That said, the other 99% of the movie is tremendous.

In regards to a Godzilla sequel. There was something I saw in the movie that might have been a hint to the sequel. Or may have just been an Easter Egg.

So... spoilers possibly?

Did anyone else spot something interesting when Cranston and Johnson were in Cranston's old house in Japan? There was what was seemingly a fish tank of sorts in the foreground of a shot where they kept moths, I guess to study them. There was a sign under it that read "moth". But then there was another sign that must've fallen next to it thanks to the earthquakes that simply read "ra".

So yeah. Possible sequel hint?

• Like 3