Cricket!

nabeel

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I witnessed Phil Hughes debut for NSW against Victoria in the Ford Ranger Cup (our domestic OD competition at the time), and was blown away by his composure, as much as his stroke making. He treated most of our bowlers with contempt, and had he not got a jaffa from Dirk Nannes, he might well have bad a century. Even though my Bushrangers won, I knew there was something special in Phillip Joel Hughes, a fine talent and a great guy who has been taken from us too soon.

A cricket journo from Australia was on SSN last night and said that it wasn't as simple as a blow to the head - there have only ever been 100 recorded deaths on medical history that came down to this type of injury, and only one other was due to a blow from a cricket ball.

I mean, I've seen people take hits before, and some looked far worse than this incident, and the person just walked away. It's a freak, unfortunate accident.

Apparently Philip Hughes' family were quick to console the bowler, which is nice. He must be feeling terrible.

• 3 weeks later...

It's about time, but Cook is just one of the issues in our ODI atrocities and Morgan's form is not much better than Cook. The biggest problem is that our best test players like Anderson, Broad and Bell play about two or three games of one day cricket a year outside of internationals and therefore have no time to develop their games in this format.

I've been shouting to anyone who'll listen that James Taylor should be given a chance so I'm really glad he's taken it.