Cricket!

nabeel

Duckworth Lewis is dumb.

Only in England could England get so close to winning, Only to be a screwed over by thier own weather AND using a system created by two Englishmen.

Morgan and Root are absolutely bossing the Kiwis at the moment, superb performances from them both.

And there's nothing that can be done about D/L, it has its flaws but it has also made every cricket game it has been used in significantly fairer than before it was used.

I've not seen anything of today's game but yeah, batting wise we seem to be confident in trying to knock it about and posting 300+ and bowling wise we seem to have abandoned this ridiculous idea of throwing half the balls short.

If anyone's interested I've attached the DL chart for the last game as I've got the official ICC software that I use in the league I score in. Thought it might be worth showing how much losing a wicket effects the par score and how it balances out towards the end of the innings.

Basically the number you see is the par score, so after twenty-five overs if the chasing team had lost three wickets they would need to be on more than 181 to be ahead, level with 181 would be a tie, below that the bowling team would win.

ParScores OO.txt

• 3 weeks later...

3-1 to the Aussies I reckon. Not because they're that much better than us but just because they've got their arses in gear since the last ashes and we didn't until too late. Saying that, if we bring Bairstow in as a wicketkeeper early on in the seriesseries and move Jos up the order and pay him as a batsman, we may have a chance.

In  fact we basically Cook, Bell, Buttler, Finn, Broad and Anderson, then fill the rest of the side in with the Yorkshire side. Then we might have a shot.

0 more sleeps!

I donno Plubs, I could probably fit one more in before the first ball.

Watching old Ashes clips on youtube to fill the time...

I dunno, this 4th wicket partnership could add some runs... Not quite sure why we chose to bat with the conditions so changeable, I would have loved to have a go at the Aussie's under a grey sky