Cricket!

nabeel

Yup. South Africa seem to be in a tailspin at the moment, their batting looks flimsy after de Kock and their bowlers don't look remotely suited for English conditions.

England/Pakistan today, I would be horribly disappointed if this isn't a convincing England win.

Afghanistan are doing well against Sri Lanka! After the latter started strongly, they are now 159-6! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/05/2019 at 13:50, Chris2K said:

The Windies look very dangerous if the pitch conditions suit them, I still think their batting has a possibility to implode though.

Well I was partly right, what I didn't count on was them just giving up whenever a situation looks a bit difficult. I've never seen a less interested team than against England and the second innings against Bangladesh. 

Meanwhile India/Pakistan drew a global audience of 1.4 billion yadda yadda yadda. India are winning this now, unfortunately.

Morgan just broke the world record for most 6s in a ODI with 17... 

Firstly, I am Australian.. I loved Eddie Guerrero, who used cheat 2 win to basically become WWE Champion. Does it make me a hypocrite, that I want the English to Boo Steve Smith and David Warner for cheating?

Nope, it means you understand that people have the right to demonstrate their feelings towards individuals who have brought the entire sport in to disrepute.

The hypocrites are the Australians who boo Stuart Broad for not walking all those years ago, yet think people booing Warner and Smith is uncalled for.

Just now, Chris2Kay said:

Nope, it means you understand that people have the right to demonstrate their feelings towards individuals who have brought the entire sport in to disrepute.

The hypocrites are the Australians who boo Stuart Broad for not walking all those years ago, yet think people booing Warner and Smith is uncalled for.

I don't boo anyone.. except maybe Piers Morgan... et al

Broad refusing to walk? Is that what the issue was? fuck, I thought it was about the lollies incident

I never walked back in my day.. admittedly, not under TV scruitiny..

Idea.. the 12 test nations + 1 from North America, Europe, Africa and Asia and the Middle East which would look like

Afghanistan, Australia, Bangladesh, England, India, Ireland, New Zealand Pakistan, South Africa, Sri Lanka, West Indies, Zimbabwe - Qualified

Europeans: Jersey, Guernsey, Scotland, Denmark, Norway and Netherlands

Africa: Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, plus 3 more (there's an east coast country that I am forgetting) 

Asia and the Middle East: Papua New Guinea, Nepal, Bhutan, Malaysia, Israel and ??

I'd love Canada in a Cricket World Cup again.. can't see a way for it to happen.

5 minutes ago, Chris2Kay said:

Unfortunately for Broad his not walking was for edging the ball to slip (off the 'keeper's gloves) rather than a standard caught behind issue, but he wasn't given out so I'm not sure what he's meant to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHhZb-cBKwc

What I did.. if I wasn't given out, is I stood my ground... what goes around comes around in life and in cricket.

I've played an attempted slog (i'd call it a drive, but it was an attempted slog), through cover, missed it and was given out caught behind, even though I was nowhere near hitting the ball

C-Mil, is he from Jersey, or Guernsey?

I get those to mixed up