2011 NFL Season

gunnar hendershow

Ochocinco is somebody I'm definitely a little worried about. He's done practically nothing all year, it only seems fitting that he finally does something. I also wouldn't put it past Belichick to try to get him involved because he's probably the one guy the Giants didn't do extensive game planning for.

So nervous about this game. Predictions have gone overwhelmingly in the Giants' favor, including people who usually suck at predictions. I prefer it when they're the consensus underdogs. While I love the Giants' pass rush I just have a feeling that Welker is going to shred the Giants like he always does. If Brady sticks with short, quick passes to avoid the pressure it's going to get pretty ugly because the Giants never seem to be able to cover Welker, nevermind the 2 tight ends.

The Giants have absolutely no tape of Ocho playing with the Pats, so he could be a real ace in the hole in this game. If he helps them win the game then every penny is justified for his services. With that being said, I'm not sold on them using him but we will see.

This game is a way closer game than people make it out to be. Not to take anything away from the Giants but I think people are putting too much stock in the Giants defense and are not looking at a lot of intangible factors that could decide the game.

• Like 1

I'm expecting Ocho to pull a Lee Evans/T.J. Houshmanotgonnaplayanymore at some point in the game because it just seems like that's the current trend for veteran WRs in big games.

Prediction is Giants 31-27. I don't know how much of the game I'll be watching. If it's close I presume I'll get roped in to the whole thing.

I've finally seen a lot more Patriots picks in recent days, but I have yet to see anybody actually say they think the Patriots are the better team. Any prediction for the Patriots is basically just "the Giants should win, but Brady and Belichick can't possibly lose to them again so I'm picking the Pats." I think Adam Schefter said something about the Giants having 3 main opponents today - Brady, Belichick, and Myra Kraft.

At first I thought the talk about Brady and Belichick's legacy being in danger was a loss was silly, since they'll still have 3 rings and a spot in Canton. But as I read these predictions, I think I finally get it. Another loss to the Giants in the Super Bowl might actually kill the mystique that they have...the same mystique that is the only reason anybody is picking the Pats.

A Giants win would be really important for their coach and QB's legacies as well. Coughlin would probably be a HOF lock (2 rings, 4 Conference title games, great overall record, successfully building 2 franchises) and he could wind up being the best coach in team history. 2 rings would also assure that Eli is always in the HOF discussion and if he put together a couple more good statistical seasons, I'm sure he'd get in. In the process he'd likely also surpass Simms as the best QB in team history and have his number retired.

Can't wait to get this game started. #ALLIN

Chris Canty tweeted a score predictiion of 28-17 Giants. I really wish these guys would just shut the fuck up and do their talking on the field. The Giants have been giving the Pats bulletin board material on a daily basis. I know you really shouldn't need extra motivation in the Super Bowl but still. I guess I'm just superstitious but it's just the total opposite from 4 years ago when the Pats were the ones running their mouths before the game. Shut up and play.

going Giants 27 Patriots/Refs 20

but who cares about the score as long as the Patriots lose....

Already looking like Giants/Refs..