What kind of MP3 Player do you own?

=BK=

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sony Walkman. Not a badass retro one of course - an NWZ-S639F.

Pretty much just like mine but what is the icon above Pictures and beside radio? Mine has Shuffle there. The one across from settings is different too, I have playlists there.

The top-left one is what it calls "SensMe Channels". Essentially it auto-catagorises all of your songs into various 'themes' (Energetic, Relex, Upbeat, Pop Ballard, Lounge, Acoustic, Electronic, Classical, Extreme - plus one depending on the time of day, so Morning/Evening/etc., as well as generic 'Shuffle All'). It really can be silly what songs it puts where, of course.

The one to the right of Settings is 'Podcast Library'...for if I had podcasts...which I don't. If you meant the one in the bottom-right, that's simply 'Now Playing' (takes you to the song screen). 'Playlists' is merely amongst the various options within the central 'Music Library' section.

Ah, I really disliked that mine shoved podcasts into the music library, glad they changed that. What is the top right one? I just noticed that was changed too, mine has voice recording there.

For years I said I was never going to get an iPod because they were more expensive, I don't like Apple's propriety software/connector style etc., but I realised I'd have to if I was going to get a dock at home/in the car. So I bought an orange 16GB 5th gen iPod nano, the one with the camera and pedometer etc.

Oddly enough, my 8GB SanDisk Sansa broke (the lock switch snapped whilst it was locked) when I got home from buying the iPod.

How do you use the phone as an MP3 player? My Desire dies after a day if I hardly touch it. Can't imagine what would happen if I decided to listen to music on it for an hour.

I work for 6 hrs in the am, Charge for 4 hrs at home then back to work for 4 hours in the afternoon. Although I only use it in the morning

and only for a few hours

Edited by Rocky Feller

How do you use the phone as an MP3 player? My Desire dies after a day if I hardly touch it. Can't imagine what would happen if I decided to listen to music on it for an hour.

I have a Wildfire which is supposed to be a similar phone but a bit more shit, and mine's the same, it lasts maybe 2 days if I don't touch it whatsoever, generally need to charge it every day but for some reason, playing music through it makes very little difference to the battery life. :/

8 GB Nano iPod and 16 GB iPod Touch, and while I do enjoy using them, I would much rather switch to an MP3 that allows me to transfer music to and from, that works nicely. The Walkman does look nice, but it would be one of those purchases that I would make as I slowly save up change. If it were cheaper, it would be a much easier buy for me.

Used to be this

33270809-2-440-OVR-1.gif

Now I use Spotify or Pandora on my MyTouch 4G

mt4g.jpg

• 3 weeks later...