Rugby!

Karizma

Peats and Morgan to Debut for Rabbitohs This Friday

30 Mar 2011

2011Rd4PeatsMorganDebutDetail-11371595-6243-4fcd-83a6-ee5e92901ba5.jpg

South Sydney juniors Nathan Peats and Kane Morgan will make their NRL debuts this Friday night against the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles with Sam Burgess and Rhys Wesser being ruled out with injury.

Morgan, a Maroubra Lions junior, will replace Wesser. Nathan Merritt will move to fullback with Morgan taking his place on the wing.

Peats, a La Perouse junior and son of former Rabbitohs hooker Geordi Peats, will debut from the interchange bench with experienced back-rower Michael Crocker moving into the starting line up.

Burgess' shoulder was deemed not to be ready for full contact in a game situation, with Wesser succumbing to a hamstring strain.

Excited about this.:)

Two of our brightest prospects getting a chance against a strong team.

Edited by Chris Sandow

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies to Starvinho for stealing his coach. :blush:

I really am gutted he is leaving, he has turned us back into a winning side again. I just hope that the early announcement doesn't effect the rest of our season, we have a Super League to defend before he leaves!

Yeah his assistant Shaun Wane is favourite to replace him, either him or Shaun Edwards. I think Wane is the obvious choice though, he could hopefully just continue the good work that Maguire has started.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A few years ago, Chris Sandow got cut from the Gold Coast Titans, due to bad behaviour.

Nobody else wanted him but we were willing to give him a chance.

We constantly stuck by him through the last few years, even when many wanted us to drop him to the lower grades(or even sack him).

Now when he finally starts to show the form we knew he was always capable of, he buggers off to another club.

A bit of loyalty, wouldn't go astray, considering the circumstances,

However I do understand it was a huge offer and he'd have been stupid not to take it.

Fair enough and I do accept that.

However don't feed us some bullshit line about how it's not about the money. I would have respected him a whole lot more if he'd been honest and admitted it was about the money.

Rant over :P

Yeah I gotta say, saying that the deal wasn't about the money was the stupidest thing he could have said about the deal... Parramatta is going to vastly overpay him at $550,000 a season... I would have taken the deal as well, he wouldn't get that kind of money at any other team, so why not... I don't even think he is a good player to start with and I hate Parramatta, so I'm more than happy for this deal to go through lol... Souths reaction to the deal was pretty amazing and very unprofessional as well, very funny stuff lol...

Russell Crowe is a bit of a dick :P

The actual amount though is being reported as being anywhere from $400 000 to $550 000(and many points inbetween).

Hell of a lot for a half that's only now, starting to live up to his potential and with no guarantee if he will keep this up and continue to grow as a player.

I actually do rate him but unless Parramatta strengthen their team in a lot of key positions, I don't see him being able to thrive in that environment.

Pat Richards signs new two-year Wigan Warriors contract

Reigning Man of Steel Pat Richards has signed a new two-year contract with Super League champions Wigan.

The 29-year-old Australian, who joined Wigan from Wests Tigers in 2006, had been linked with a move to rugby union side Sale or a return to the NRL.

Instead, the goal-kicking winger will stay at the DW Stadium for the 2012 and 2013 seasons.

"I am pleased that my immediate future has now been sorted and I am thrilled to be staying with Wigan," he said.

"My family and I have thoroughly enjoyed our time in the UK, which we now call home, and with the Wigan club.

"2010 was a magnificent year for me, both individually and for the club, and I am hoping to play a major part in bringing more success to our magnificent fans over the next couple of years."

Richards was a key figure in Wigan's success last season, scoring 32 tries and kicking 167 goals as they won both the League Leaders' Shield for topping Super League and the Grand Final.

He missed the start of this season after tearing his Achilles tendon in the 22-10 Grand Final victory over St Helens at Old Trafford in October.

This is the best news for us all season! We miss him when he doesn't play especially his kicking which is in my opinion the best in the world.

Glad to see an RL thread on these boards...

Pat Richards resigning ia a fantastic bbost for the Warriors after the disappointment of mcguire leaving. especially well done to retain.him with the lure of rfu money comes a knocking.

wasn't there a rumour going round that if wane became head coach, everybodies favourite convert chris ashton would come back?

I don't want him back, he can stay in Union the bastard. Not heard any rumours on that though myself.

The only reason id want him on an RL pitch again is to see him get smashed... the man has got as much dignity as i have cash...

Wigan Warriors hand Gareth Hock five-year contract

Wigan have handed a new five-year contract to England forward Gareth Hock, who is to resume playing in June after serving a drugs ban.

Suspended for nearly two years after testing positive for cocaine, the 27-year-old was recently given permission by UK Anti-Doping to resume training.

Wigan chairman Ian Lenagan said: "The deal is contingent upon his continuing exemplary performance.

"We are all looking forward to seeing him again next month in a Wigan shirt."

Hock failed a test for Benzoylecgonine, a metabolite of cocaine, after Wigan's win over Salford on 5 June 2009 and his last match was for England against France in Paris a week later.

He has been back in training for just over a month and is set to make the transition from second row to prop when he makes his comeback, which is expected to be in the Super League match against Huddersfield at the DW Stadium on 24 June.

Hock's new deal takes him to the end of the 2015 season.

More excellent news for the mighty Warriors, just hope he stays clean :shifty:

Friday, 13 May 2011

Crusaders 23-10 Wakefield

Leeds 30-6 Catalan Dragons

Salford 16-32 Hull

Warrington 62-0 Castleford

Wigan 54-6 Harlequins

Team 	        P 	W 	D 	L 	F 	A 	PTS

1 	Warrington 	14 	10 	0 	4 	519 	205 	20

2 	Wigan 	        13 	9 	2 	2 	366 	215 	20

3 	Huddersfield 	13 	9 	0 	4 	343 	201 	18

4 	St Helens 	13 	8 	2 	3 	376 	250 	18

5 	Leeds 	        14 	8 	1 	5 	402 	318 	17

6 	Castleford 	13 	7 	1 	5 	337 	328 	15

7 	Catalan 	14 	7 	1 	6 	292 	305 	15

8 	Hull 	        14 	6 	1 	7 	328 	308 	13

9 	Salford 	14 	5 	0 	9 	308 	454 	10

10 	Bradford 	13 	4 	1 	8 	266 	420 	9

11 	Harlequins 	14 	4 	1 	9 	296 	468 	9

12 	Hull KR 	13 	4 	0 	9 	311 	374 	8

13 	Wakefield 	14 	5 	0 	9 	246 	397 	6

14 	Crusaders 	14 	4 	0 	10 	291 	438 	4

Another good win for us, five in a row in the league now and we're set to take back our top spot if we can we our game in hand against Castleford. Pat Richards' return has been key for us, his kicking is so valuable and he's starting to chip in with tries again, he scored 26 points tonight.