Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

There's a May the 4th sale on every single Star Wars game available on Steam right now. There's quite a lot of games available, including the original Battlefronts, and a few different types of bundles if you like their grouping of them/want all of them.

Disco Elysium is on sale and on Mac now apparently so I just bought that on a whim.

10 hours ago, RazorsEdge said:

You will either love it or hate it. It is a dice roll RPG where all the dice rolls are related to conversation/actions you are performing. I played a few in game days but haven't touched it since. Some people absolutely adore it, though. You'll definitely know if you like it within 2 hours so you can get your Steam refund if needed.

So uhhh. Yeah. About ten minutes of this game pretty much tells me that I'm probably in the 'refund' bin on that one. It has the personality of a moody teenager who just got into philosophy.

Edited by apsham

On 30/04/2020 at 17:52, RPS said:

best turn based tactical games like XCOM on Steam? 

I am loving Chimera Squad, but I feel like my Quarantine gaming will be Animal Crossing and turn based tactical games, so I want to play a few more examples. I feel like ORO was playing one recently. 

Phoenix Point came out back in December and is from the creator of X-Com but I'm not sure it offers anything better than the modern XCOM games.

19 hours ago, Baddar said:

Been playing some Moving Out on Game Pass for PC with the missus this evening. Super fun. Nice to play a game with her where she's not raging the entire time. :pervert:

I don't believe it.

On 28/04/2020 at 06:02, Ruki said:

I am quickly learning why I had to play XCOM 1&2 on easy.

That changed pretty quick. Now the "very difficult" missions are a cake walk.

On 02/05/2020 at 15:54, Baddar said:

I picked up American Fugitive for £3.50 from CDKeys. It got mixed reviews on release last year but they've since patched it quite a few times so I think it'll definitely be worth it for that price.

Made a start on this. I think it's definitely going to be worth the price I paid. Getting to grips with the shooting is going to be a challenge, however.

I've only just realised in the last few days or so that there are so many different stores/launchers to buy games from on PC. Either I was ignorant to it, or it was only Steam about 10 years ago! 

It's nice to have choice, but frustrating when a game is exclusive to a certain store. 

10 hours ago, Baddar said:

I've only just realised in the last few days or so that there are so many different stores/launchers to buy games from on PC. Either I was ignorant to it, or it was only Steam about 10 years ago! 

It's nice to have choice, but frustrating when a game is exclusive to a certain store. 

10 years ago it was Steam and Games for Windows Live. Except GFWL was roundly rejected by everyone because like... imagine paying a monthly fee to play online.

GFWL also had a lot of problems with save data getting lost.

What annoys me is when games launch through Steam, yet require another client to run on top of it. Ubisoft games come to mind most of all, and there were a few Steam games in the past that required GFWL too. If I can get something DRM-free for a reasonable price, that's usually the option I'll take.

• Like 2

They renamed it after an ancient being from beyond human comprehension. It has 437 names, each consumed from the souls of other gods it devoured over seventeen billion years. All of them are also words of power, incantations for magic spells. Gog is the only one safe for mortals to speak, as it's purpose is to enhance the power of spells cast from intoning other names. While intoning the other names also have little effect without intoning the name Gog, for all magic requires power, to intone those names also make Gog aware of your knowledge of it and it's many names, making you either a potential recruit to it's globe-spanning cult or a future sacrifice.

...Or that's what the weird alcoholic detective from Boston told me, at least.

• Like 2

On 03/05/2020 at 20:00, Ruki said:

That changed pretty quick. Now the "very difficult" missions are a cake walk.

Yep. It is not optimised for the beginning of the game. Back end is so easy.

Who is your usual squad? Mine is Axiom, Godmother, Torque, and Verge. I always try to have Torque and Axiom on my team at all times because Axioms ability to do two melee attacks every two or so turns is amazing and Torque has a breach acid spit that hits 100% of time on targets she can see during breach and adds poison.